What Are You Smoking October 2019

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:44 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:36 pm
I am not positive about this, but I think the Vittoria line is all KS.
SP sez:

"Dark and rugged, the Vittoria line, like the Lucca, offers Rossi pipes in a simple style and at a low price. The big difference between the two series is size: Luccas are all "EX," the largest, while the Vittoria offers a mix of standard and "KS" shapes; this "8804" Canadian is a KS, which is pretty big, but not outright huge like the "EX" version of this same shape."
This is a nice thing to store away. I do know that the Vittoria 320 (author) and 122 (slightly bent pot) are KS. Those are the ones I have.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:48 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:44 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:36 pm
I am not positive about this, but I think the Vittoria line is all KS.
SP sez:

"Dark and rugged, the Vittoria line, like the Lucca, offers Rossi pipes in a simple style and at a low price. The big difference between the two series is size: Luccas are all "EX," the largest, while the Vittoria offers a mix of standard and "KS" shapes; this "8804" Canadian is a KS, which is pretty big, but not outright huge like the "EX" version of this same shape."
This is a nice thing to store away. I do know that the Vittoria 320 (author) and 122 (slightly bent pot) are KS. Those are the ones I have.
And I have the 8315 prince and the 8804 canadian. The prince is standard sized to my eye, and we already know that the 8804 is KS. These really are quality pipes.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:02 pm
And I have the 8315 prince and the 8804 canadian. The prince is standard sized to my eye, and we already know that the 8804 is KS. These really are quality pipes.
In terms of quality for your smoking dollar, I do think the Vittoria line is a really solid purchase. Mine are great smokers. They were cheaper when I bought them than they are now, and I still think they are a great deal.

The slightly bent pot is fairly light weight as well (under 40 g). I can't convert the weight to dolphin squeaks for you, but 40 g is on the lighter end of the range for a pipe with a bowl this size.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Linkman small billiard

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ronv69
Founding Member

Scap wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:09 pm Bengal Slices. A first for me, and I'm really enjoying it.

Great stuff. It's currently my favorite blend, supplanting FMC for the time being.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I smoked the hell out of my Calabresi billiard work pipe today . It was pretty much a swra day but I did have a couple bowls of CB Dark

I'm missing my tobacco cellar back home . What I'd give for a bowl of Ogdens Walnut

Sitting in my hotel room , tired as hell but ready to light a bowl of Ashton Gold rush in , y Savinelli dry system pot
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:26 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:02 pm
In terms of quality for your smoking dollar, I do think the Vittoria line is a really solid purchase. Mine are great smokers. They were cheaper when I bought them than they are now, and I still think they are a great deal.

The slightly bent pot is fairly light weight as well (under 40 g). I can't convert the weight to dolphin squeaks for you, but 40 g is on the lighter end of the range for a pipe with a bowl this size.
My dolphin squeak conversion kicks in automatically when any metric system measurement is employed. I'm going to look at the Vittorias again. Mine were around $38 when I bought them. They won't get any cheaper unless there is a sale!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

LC Cherry and LC VaBur, 50/50 or so in a Rossi Vittoria 8315
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Silver Duke pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
SidStavros
Member in Good Standing

I am smoking Thomas Randford Sunday's Fantasy, double Greek coffee plus cool water beside me.
Blog for the New pipe smoker: http://Pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr