What Are You Smoking November 2019

Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Puffing IRC Royale in a Irish army 106. Ice water.. Nice weather!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Silver Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Milan Our Kentucky Club Mild, which bears absolutely zero resemblance to its namesake, in a Loewe
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I smoked a bowl of Picayune in the Regal pot that somehow does not seem to have posted.

OJK in the BST pot now

We leave today for a few days on the coast. We have an afternoon set aside to look at some housing options. Smoking opportunities may be a little limited until Saturday.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Sasieni in the DG.
Man, it is cold and Uhaha doesn't 'do' cold.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Pegasus in a Savinelli dry system 320

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:13 am I smoked a bowl of Picayune in the Regal pot that somehow does not seem to have posted.

OJK in the BST pot now

We leave today for a few days on the coast. We have an afternoon set aside to look at some housing options. Smoking opportunities may be a little limited until Saturday.
Safe travels, FT+. Exciting times are ahead of you...
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mornin' ..Sutliff's match Edgeworth ready rubbed in a Tendi, coffee in the Stanley. Would ya look at that queue!
The Troll Whisperer
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:57 amWould ya look at that queue!
My dad was an OTR driver. His shop was non-union, and sometime in the 60s it became a union shop. When they transitioned to union a bunch of guys freaked out not knowing what that meant for their future and left. The dust settled and my dad had some seniority. My whole life he had an Omaha to Chicago run twice a week. He left Monday morning, returned Weds and got to sleep in his own bed, went back out on Thursday and got back Saturday in time to socialize and play golf with mom and friends the rest of the weekend. Pretty good gig for an OTR driver.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

sisyphus wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:03 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:57 amWould ya look at that queue!
My dad was an OTR driver. His shop was non-union, and sometime in the 60s it became a union shop. When they transitioned to union a bunch of guys freaked out not knowing what that meant for their future and left. The dust settled and my dad had some seniority. My whole life he had an Omaha to Chicago run twice a week. He left Monday morning, returned Weds and got to sleep in his own bed, went back out on Thursday and got back Saturday in time to socialize and play golf with mom and friends the rest of the weekend. Pretty good gig for an OTR driver.
Thank you for sharing! Dedicated lines have there perks, especially back then, trucking was an entirely different mindset. It's men like your dad that opened up a large majority of routes we run today.👍 It wasn't easy, no gps, no cell phones no ac...90 percent of today's drivers wouldn't last.
The Troll Whisperer