MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:11 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:41 pm
Whalehead King wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:17 pm
Retiring the L.J. Piretti poker after a full day yesterday and two bowls' worth of service today. It earned a rest.

Now, it's time to put the red Nording Compass through its paces.

How does that Nording smoke, WK? I've always been a bit Nording-curious...
The Nording Compass is a briar bowl encased in an aluminum 'heel' that is covered with some kind of heat -and-oil resistant hard rubber. It is more than vulcanized. The heel never has any fingerprints on it, even if I'm smoking it while eating potato chips. The aluminum stem pushes straight into the bowl. I stays put there, too, Due to the tapered end of the stem, I can control how tight the stem is in the bowl, and the same is true of the bit.

The bit is not vulcanite or acrylic. Is the same material as this pipe's 'heel.' It is some kind of proprietary plastic that nobody is advertising for pipe bits that is comfortable in a clench that lasts as long as it takes to read a dense WSJ editorial. It is a tasty pipe.

The whole thing breaks down for easy cleaning. A bristle cleaner will pass through all the apertures, so, you know it's got a good bore. And, did I mention that is mostly red aluminum? It's a stand-out pipe.

If you want to meet women, pack this pipe with SWRA and sit on the patio of your local college bar. I guarantee you'll make friends. Or, smoke it on the sidewalk in front of your local opera house just as the show is letting out. Who doesn't need more friends?
I'm thinkin' that Dear Sweetie wouldn't want me makin' those kinda friends. :D
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 5):
Whalehead KingMiddle EarthFr_TomMaynardBamarick
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:16 pm
Whalehead King wrote:
MikeDennison wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:41 pm

How does that Nording smoke, WK? I've always been a bit Nording-curious...
The Nording Compass is a briar bowl encased in an aluminum 'heel' that is covered with some kind of heat -and-oil resistant hard rubber. It is more than vulcanized. The heel never has any fingerprints on it, even if I'm smoking it while eating potato chips. The aluminum stem pushes straight into the bowl. I stays put there, too, Due to the tapered end of the stem, I can control how tight the stem is in the bowl, and the same is true of the bit.

The bit is not vulcanite or acrylic. Is the same material as this pipe's 'heel.' It is some kind of proprietary plastic that nobody is advertising for pipe bits that is comfortable in a clench that lasts as long as it takes to read a dense WSJ editorial. It is a tasty pipe.

The whole thing breaks down for easy cleaning. A bristle cleaner will pass through all the apertures, so, you know it's got a good bore. And, did I mention that is mostly red aluminum? It's a stand-out pipe.

If you want to meet women, pack this pipe with SWRA and sit on the patio of your local college bar. I guarantee you'll make friends. Or, smoke it on the sidewalk in front of your local opera house just as the show is letting out. Who doesn't need more friends?
There are plenty of other benefits that come from true friendship than the FWBs that are listed in the M seeks W classified ad.. The cardinal points on any compass, including a Nording Compass, are Farith, Hope, Charity, and always trying to do what's right. A friend in a time of need is a friend, indeed. This Nording Compass is smoking well, bowl after bowl with no rest in between. five bowls. Number Six coming up, soon. No regrets
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 5):
Middle EarthMikeDennisonFr_TomMaynardBamarick
---New Orleanians know they are lucky to live here and they savor every moment.
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:44 pm
Cooked supper tonite for Dear Sweetie and the Old Folks. (I do a not-half-bad stir fry ;) ) Now I'm in the den, a can o' cold club soda at my elbow, and I've decided to load this Wembley up with Villiger Jamaican Export, a blend I've never tried before. Happy Friday Evening, all!
That didn't go well. Tasted great, but burnt my tongue like the dickens.
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 4):
Middle EarthFr_TomMaynardBamarick
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:58 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Cooked supper tonite for Dear Sweetie and the Old Folks. (I do a not-half-bad stir fry ;) ) Now I'm in the den, a can o' cold club soda at my elbow, and I've decided to load this Wembley up with Villiger Jamaican Export, a blend I've never tried before. Happy Friday Evening, all!
Did the dinner not agree with you or are you talking about the pipe?
Middle EarthMikeDennisonFr_TomMaynardBamarick
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:27 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Whalehead King wrote:

There are plenty of other benefits that come from true friendship than the FWBs that are listed in the M seeks W classified ad.. The cardinal points on any compass, including a Nording Compass, are Farith, Hope, Charity, and always trying to do what's right. A friend in a time of need is a friend, indeed. This Nording Compass is smoking well, bowl after bowl with no rest in between. five bowls. Number Six coming up, soon. No regrets
Oh I don't disagree with ya, WK! I've got female friends, but they're as much a part of Dear Sweetie's life as mine. And I've found that to be the best way to navigate those waters. 😁 For me.
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 4):
Fr_TomMiddle EarthMaynardBamarick
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:02 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:58 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Did the dinner not agree with you or are you talking about the pipe?
Supper was great. It was the Villiger Jamaican Export that did it.
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 5):
Whalehead KingFr_TomMiddle EarthMaynardBamarick
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:05 pm
Whalehead King wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:27 pm
MikeDennison wrote:

Oh I don't disagree with ya, WK! I've got female friends, but they're as much a part of Dear Sweetie's life as mine. And I've found that to be the best way to navigate those waters. 😁 For me.
No one who is smart can put a price on wisdom.
MikeDennisonFr_TomMiddle EarthMaynardBamarick
avid

Whalehead King wrote:
If you want to meet women, pack this pipe with SWRA and sit on the patio of your local college bar.
ok where do i go...LOL

really cool pipe...i remember seeing those on the P&C web site
This post by avid liked by (total 6):
Whalehead KingFr_TomMiddle EarthMaynardMikeDennisonBamarick
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

avid wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:22 pm
Whalehead King wrote:
If you want to meet women, pack this pipe with SWRA and sit on the patio of your local college bar.
ok where do i go...LOL

really cool pipe...i remember seeing those on the P&C web site
When Mrs. King and I were in Chicago, we stopped into Iwan Ries. She wasn't interested but she went along and it turned into a real adventure totally worth the visit.

Mrs. King saw a blue Compass on display and said I should buy that pipe----it suits me. She didn't know that I already had a red Compass. When I told her, she said, "I should have known. That pipe is totally you and you like red better than blue". She knows me. It's a good pipe. I like red.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 6):
avidFr_TomMiddle EarthMaynardMikeDennisonBamarick