The August Brylon Challenge™ 2020

arturo7
Member in Good Standing

avid wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:58 pm [mention]arturo7[/mention] and I may need to start a ‘brylon free’ web forum
Ya know, I logged in about 10m after this thread was posted.

The angel on my right shoulder advised me not to make the first reply.

A present, the guy on my other shoulder is rolling his eyes and whistling...
ever forward
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I may not be able to play. I've got a couple of brylons buried somewhere in my gear, but I don't like'em enough to bother diggin' 'em out. In fact, I don't like'em at all. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

arturo7 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:11 am
avid wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:58 pm [mention]arturo7[/mention] and I may need to start a ‘brylon free’ web forum
Ya know, I logged in about 10m after this thread was posted.

The angel on my right shoulder advised me not to make the first reply.

A present, the guy on my other shoulder is rolling his eyes and whistling...
Brylon Power, baby!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:18 am I may not be able to play. I've got a couple of brylons buried somewhere in my gear, but I don't like'em enough to bother diggin' 'em out. In fact, I don't like'em at all. :D
:shock:
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:07 am
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:18 am I may not be able to play. I've got a couple of brylons buried somewhere in my gear, but I don't like'em enough to bother diggin' 'em out. In fact, I don't like'em at all. :D
Oh Mike, where did we go wrong? lol

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:14 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:07 am
Oh Mike, where did we go wrong? lol

:lol:
Right!? You'd think that in this day in age everyone would appreciate the fine smoking qualities of the polymer.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I get nuthin' but heat and gurgle from the Brylon "bastids"...to quote [mention]Ruffinogold[/mention]. :D Admittedly, it could just be a "Mike problem". And, guys, please bear in mind that I ain't nearly as a sophisticated smoker as you lads are.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:48 am I get nuthin' but heat and gurgle from the Brylon "bastids"...to quote [mention]Ruffinogold[/mention]. :D Admittedly, it could just be a "Mike problem". And, guys, please bear in mind that I ain't nearly as a sophisticated smoker as you lads are.
Brylon pipes are good educators of the finesse technique. Once mastered, you are given the key to flavor town.
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

I’ve got one that I modified by Tossing the horrific rubber stem and adding an acrylic Missouri Meerschaum Replacement saddle stem and suddenly the gurgly little bastage came to life. Actually smokes quite well. I’ll be participating for sure.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I had gotten one in a box pass and liked it . I was in Alabama working some time back and I gguy I met really liked it so I cleaned it up and gave it to him . Im a brylonless dude
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.