What Are You Smoking October 2020

Tsal
Forum Decorum

SWRA in a Hackert. My Christmas Pipe and tobacco shows out for delivery a day earlier than I planned. M'lady gave me the option of when to take the kids up north and I chose Friday. :facepalm:
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:50 am
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:58 am
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:31 am Corn Cob Pipe and A Button Nose in this no-name Italian 1/4 bent. Bustelo on the side.
Ever have one of those pipe experiences when, for some reason you can't really put a finger on, all the cares and stresses of the world seem to evaporate with the smoke of a perfect bowl? When, for some unknown reason, that bowl isn't just a good smoke, but peace and bliss as well? That's what this morning's first pipe was like for me. Doesn't happen often, so I mark it when it does.
There are those pipe smoking experiences for me where the planets align and the angelic choirs come back from break or something. It will be such a stellar bowl that you think if only the Surgeon General could experience it, pipe tobacco would be subsidized as a quality of life thing. I get these somewhat frequently - more or less once a day I guess. It is nice, and you always think to yourself, "What made this one better?"
Exactly! I immediately tried to analyze the "why", but quickly gave over and said, "It just was." And left it at that.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Trying out the first of my newly arrived samples from SP: Sutliff 1M in this Olde London pot. Club soda on the side. So far, it's not the ticket to replace LC Vanilla. Rather steamy, and a bit too sweet on the palate, though it's pleasant enough on the nose. Think I'll mix the rest with some LC VaBur to see if that cuts the funk and makes it more palatable.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Exclusive in a '81 Dunhill Root Briar billiard

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Now trying Sutliff 1M mixed 1:1 with LC Vabur, and I'm burning it in this Grabow Grand Duke. That noxious M1 funk is still present, but definitely more palatable. I think if I aired the Sutliff 1M a while then mixed it with the LC Vabur, it'd be better. But hey, I can smoke this. :D
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:13 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:50 am
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:58 am
Ever have one of those pipe experiences when, for some reason you can't really put a finger on, all the cares and stresses of the world seem to evaporate with the smoke of a perfect bowl? When, for some unknown reason, that bowl isn't just a good smoke, but peace and bliss as well? That's what this morning's first pipe was like for me. Doesn't happen often, so I mark it when it does.
There are those pipe smoking experiences for me where the planets align and the angelic choirs come back from break or something. It will be such a stellar bowl that you think if only the Surgeon General could experience it, pipe tobacco would be subsidized as a quality of life thing. I get these somewhat frequently - more or less once a day I guess. It is nice, and you always think to yourself, "What made this one better?"
Exactly! I immediately tried to analyze the "why", but quickly gave over and said, "It just was." And left it at that.
Precisely, is what it is, man. Far as I can tell those experiences come naturally once thought is eliminated. Don't think! Smoke! Fire predates all of us, tap into that deep dull consciousness and let it do it's magic.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

OJK in the Dark Flake GBD

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Finished a bunch of errands and laundry, having a moment to sit before back out the door to work. Brown Flake Scented in a Duca, another pot of coffee to side
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

OJK in a GBD Prehistoric 9437

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Chick Magnet in a Ras Kassa apple

Old Ted Award - 2017