Claypril™

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I'm with [mention]Citizen B[/mention]. In fact, I'll help complicate it...if ya need that sort of help. :lol: But seriously folks, if you decide to do it, I'm in.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I gotta make a repair on the reed for my clay and I'm in
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

I feel like I'm missing out on something. The only clays I have get shot up at the pigeon range in prep for fall bird hunting.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:48 pm I'm a lone hunter.
Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:17 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:48 pm I'm a lone hunter.
Once you get a pure tobacco taste from a cool, dry clay pipe, you'll be hungry like a wolf for more. Oww-ooo-ooooo!

Sometimes, the old ways are best. Clay pipes = Best pipes.

Smoking a clay is like charming a snake. It is both easy to master and treacherous as the same time. Don't drop it!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

79 days until Claypril!!!!

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

78 days until Claypril!!!

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

How many days is it until Claypril? I can't wait. :lurk:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

I've looked at the ones on smokingpipes.com. Under 30 bucks can get me one of the totally righteous bird claw holding a bowl clay pipes. Unless someone can point me in a better direction.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:00 am I've looked at the ones on smokingpipes.com. Under 30 bucks can get me one of the totally righteous bird claw holding a bowl clay pipes. Unless someone can point me in a better direction.
I recommend keeping it simple and spending $10.00 or less for your first clay. Don't get caught with the design. Learn the feature of what smoking a clay by K.I.S.S. If you decide you like the clay experience, then, by all means spring for the pricier pipes, but they are not going to make any difference to the smoking experience. No matter the shape, a clay pipe will get so hot that you'll drop it if you're not careful.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:00 am I've looked at the ones on smokingpipes.com. Under 30 bucks can get me one of the totally righteous bird claw holding a bowl clay pipes. Unless someone can point me in a better direction.
I recommend keeping it simple and spending $10.00 or less for your first clay. Don't get caught with the design. Learn the feature of what smoking a clay by K.I.S.S. If you decide you like the clay experience, then, by all means spring for the pricier pipes, but they are not going to make any difference to the smoking experience. No matter the shape, a clay pipe will get so hot that you'll drop it if you're not careful.
Noted. That's solid advice!
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.