What Are You Smoking October 2021

Locked
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:25 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:44 pm Enjoying some Winchester + dfk in the new poker with a cup of coffee. Music playing and I'm getting ready to mix up epoxy and pour some stuffs
Image
Nice bamboo! I remember when that album came out, Hopeless Romantic is better.
Agreed! But there's still a few gems on that one like the freaks, the nerds, and the romantics. I'm enough of a fan that I have the broken heart logo tattooed on my forearm :lol:
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 5):
simplepipesKevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthFr_Tom
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer J Simpson
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 5228
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

mrpipster wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:24 pm Wow a @Ruffinogold made pipe. With only 12 made that is worth considering! If you would sell one of course.
Lol , well I sold them back then except two . The one I have and the second one I made I gave to my Dad . Its huge and I traced where my fingers were on the block , left and right hand , and carved it out . It looks kinda blobish and odd but the old man loves it . It was a straight grain no flaws killer block , like most everything I got from Randy . Next Im down there , Ill take a pic of it as I dont have one because there wasnt cell phones like we have back then . Hell I rarely took pictures of anything and for the most part still dont . Ill go down there at some point and probably forget
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 6):
Mr BeardsleySilverKevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthFr_Tom
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
simplepipes
Senior Member
Posts: 2018
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:57 pm
Location: MO

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:57 pm
mrpipster wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:24 pm Wow a @Ruffinogold made pipe. With only 12 made that is worth considering! If you would sell one of course.
Lol , well I sold them back then except two . The one I have and the second one I made I gave to my Dad . Its huge and I traced where my fingers were on the block , left and right hand , and carved it out . It looks kinda blobish and odd but the old man loves it . It was a straight grain no flaws killer block , like most everything I got from Randy . Next Im down there , Ill take a pic of it as I dont have one because there wasnt cell phones like we have back then . Hell I rarely took pictures of anything and for the most part still dont . Ill go down there at some point and probably forget
Randy is a good person . . .

I have one of his pipes from many years past around here somewhere . . . during the time he was collaborating with JTC (which many do not know).

-sp
This post by simplepipes liked by (total 5):
RuffinogoldKevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthFr_Tom
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 5228
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

simplepipes wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:00 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:57 pm
mrpipster wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:24 pm Wow a @Ruffinogold made pipe. With only 12 made that is worth considering! If you would sell one of course.
Lol , well I sold them back then except two . The one I have and the second one I made I gave to my Dad . Its huge and I traced where my fingers were on the block , left and right hand , and carved it out . It looks kinda blobish and odd but the old man loves it . It was a straight grain no flaws killer block , like most everything I got from Randy . Next Im down there , Ill take a pic of it as I dont have one because there wasnt cell phones like we have back then . Hell I rarely took pictures of anything and for the most part still dont . Ill go down there at some point and probably forget
Randy is a good person . . .

I have one of his pipes from many years past around here somewhere . . . during the time he was collaborating with JTC (which many do not know).

-sp
Yeah , that was a hell of a collaboration . Randys done some cool behind the scenes stuff over the years . Hes very low key and I dig that about him
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 6):
simplepipesMr BeardsleyKevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthFr_Tom
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
User avatar
simplepipes
Senior Member
Posts: 2018
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:57 pm
Location: MO

Silver wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:37 pm C&D Exhausted Rooster in the restored Dr. Grabow Viscount billiard.

Image
Nice pipe . . . I really appreciate a patina like that.

-sp
This post by simplepipes liked by (total 6):
Kevin KeithMr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleRuffinogoldMiddle EarthFr_Tom
User avatar
Silver
Senior Member
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:10 pm
Location: Detroit Area

simplepipes wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:15 pm
Silver wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:37 pm C&D Exhausted Rooster in the restored Dr. Grabow Viscount billiard.

Image
Nice pipe . . . I really appreciate a patina like that.

-sp
The "patina" is a result of deciding to just wax the pipe after a light re-stain, rather than finishing with a varnish or shellac.
This post by Silver liked by (total 7):
Kevin KeithMr BeardsleysimplepipesBruyere_RoyaleRuffinogoldMiddle EarthFr_Tom
User avatar
Silver
Senior Member
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:10 pm
Location: Detroit Area

Smoked some Epiphany earlier this afternoon. Then it was Haunted Bookshop and Oak Alley on the way to and from visiting my Dad. My son was already over when I got home, for dinner with his folks. Had a couple bowls of Three Friars while we hung out after our meal. Now, I'm having Presbyterian in a 1951 Dunhill Shell billiard.

Image
This post by Silver liked by (total 8):
WildcrowKevin KeithMr BeardsleysimplepipesBruyere_RoyaleRuffinogoldMiddle EarthFr_Tom
User avatar
Wildcrow
Founding Member
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: The hills of Tennessee

Scrabble with the wife. M79 in the no name danish pipe. Bidding on old fat rusticated ebay pipes with no hopes now thanks to @Dr Uhaha :D
Image
This post by Wildcrow liked by (total 10):
Kevin KeithmrpipsterSilverMr BeardsleyDr UhahasimplepipesBruyere_RoyaleRuffinogoldMiddle EarthFr_Tom
User avatar
Silver
Senior Member
Posts: 1982
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:10 pm
Location: Detroit Area

C&D Night Train in the Monday cob.
This post by Silver liked by (total 7):
Mr BeardsleyWildcrowKevin KeithsimplepipesBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthFr_Tom
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 20076
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Southern Virginia

OJK in the Silver Duke pot

Image
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 7):
WildcrowKevin KeithsimplepipesBruyere_RoyaleSilverMiddle EarthMr Beardsley
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Locked