Hot Weather Smokes

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

When the humidity gets stupid high ... I cant imagine smoking anything with Latakia ... thats a no go for me . I can do Burley any time but even burley , like an SWR or MB GE can seem " encompassing " in the still humid air . For those nasty times , I have a few blends that ust rock , as they dont envelope you in humid smoke that lingers .

Some mild aromatic stuff

Ashton Gold Rush . Its virginias with a light lemon top note . It isnt hot or harsh and teh mouth feel isnt thin and boring . Its a solid blend , under rated and just the cats ass in hot humid weather , imho .

Another is Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake [ LTF ] . It also has a mildish " Danish Cookie " top note and a Virginia as well . I think its insane any time of year but it really is nice in brutal Summer weather

Black Cavendish

Lately , I've been smoking Lanes Dark Red at work [ I work in a hot cabinet shop mostly ] . Dark Red is very similar to Sutliff Cherry Bon Bon .. both of which ar very mildly cherry flavored all black cavendish . Both smoke almost cold with a full mouth feel

Non Aromatic

For a blend with no aromatic flavor , Wessex Brigade Campaign is a great Hot Humid blend and great any time of year ... good luck finding any but sometimes its in stock

Foxs Hibernia is a Vabur and pretty straight forward . It isnt complex but its nice

Mac Baren Scottish , another vabur . A super classic and a fantastic Summer blend

IRC blends

Old Colonial . Its one of my favorites . Imagine Carter Hall but better with a mild topnote of something like coconut / vanilla .. but mild . Its a no brainer easy to keep lit and deal with blend

Three Star Dutch . The lightest Burley Ive ever smoked .It has some slight topping that I cant describe . Without the topping , whatever the hell it is , it wouldn’t be as good .

IMHO , " THE " hot summer blend , and a freakin classic out the whazoo ... Middletons Cherry blend . It is barely an aro .. and the aro flavor doesn’t taste anything like cherry . maybe that was the best Cherry they could do 50 + years ago . Anyway , a great Summer blend that I smoked the day lights out of in Florida , which is the nastiest hot humid crap existence of a state

Anyway , those are some I can enjoy is brutal hot humid heat
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
9 Iron
Founding Member

It’s just too hot to enjoy it right now. I’ve been smoking a little Lane Ready Rubbed early in the morning on the drive to work, maybe half a small machine made cigar in the shade on a break, but it’s just too damned hot.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:56 pm When the humidity gets stupid high ... I cant imagine smoking anything with Latakia ... thats a no go for me . I can do Burley any time but even burley , like an SWR or MB GE can seem " encompassing " in the still humid air . For those nasty times , I have a few blends that ust rock , as they dont envelope you in humid smoke that lingers .

Some mild aromatic stuff

Ashton Gold Rush . Its virginias with a light lemon top note . It isnt hot or harsh and teh mouth feel isnt thin and boring . Its a solid blend , under rated and just the cats ass in hot humid weather , imho .

Another is Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake [ LTF ] . It also has a mildish " Danish Cookie " top note and a Virginia as well . I think its insane any time of year but it really is nice in brutal Summer weather

Black Cavendish

Lately , I've been smoking Lanes Dark Red at work [ I work in a hot cabinet shop mostly ] . Dark Red is very similar to Sutliff Cherry Bon Bon .. both of which ar very mildly cherry flavored all black cavendish . Both smoke almost cold with a full mouth feel

Non Aromatic

For a blend with no aromatic flavor , Wessex Brigade Campaign is a great Hot Humid blend and great any time of year ... good luck finding any but sometimes its in stock

Foxs Hibernia is a Vabur and pretty straight forward . It isnt complex but its nice

Mac Baren Scottish , another vabur . A super classic and a fantastic Summer blend

IRC blends

Old Colonial . Its one of my favorites . Imagine Carter Hall but better with a mild topnote of something like coconut / vanilla .. but mild . Its a no brainer easy to keep lit and deal with blend

Three Star Dutch . The lightest Burley Ive ever smoked .It has some slight topping that I cant describe . Without the topping , whatever the hell it is , it wouldn’t be as good .

IMHO , " THE " hot summer blend , and a freakin classic out the whazoo ... Middletons Cherry blend . It is barely an aro .. and the aro flavor doesn’t taste anything like cherry . maybe that was the best Cherry they could do 50 + years ago . Anyway , a great Summer blend that I smoked the day lights out of in Florida , which is the nastiest hot humid crap existence of a state

Thanks a lot, Mr. Mayor! Today was a real switcheroo for me...it was all VA's all the time. They were a good change of pace, but they didn't do for me what the burleys do. Out of your entire list, the only thing I have on hand is a brand spankin' new pouch of Three Star Dutch. :D I'll likely give that a try tonight. Or maybe I'll light off one of the small cigars I've been wanting to try.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:56 pm When the humidity gets stupid high ... I cant imagine smoking anything with Latakia ... thats a no go for me . I can do Burley any time but even burley , like an SWR or MB GE can seem " encompassing " in the still humid air . For those nasty times , I have a few blends that ust rock , as they dont envelope you in humid smoke that lingers .

Some mild aromatic stuff

Black Cavendish

Non Aromatic

IRC blends

Thanks a lot, Mr. Mayor! Today was a real switcheroo for me...it was all VA's all the time. They were a good change of pace, but they didn't do for me what the burleys do. Out of your entire list, the only thing I have on hand is a brand spankin' new pouch of Three Star Dutch. :D I'll likely give that a try tonight. Or maybe I'll light off one of the small cigars I've been wanting to try.
I haven’t had the Dutch in probably 7 years . man , pop that one .. lol !! :thumbs:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

9 Iron wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:41 pm It’s just too hot to enjoy it right now. I’ve been smoking a little Lane Ready Rubbed early in the morning on the drive to work, maybe half a small machine made cigar in the shade on a break, but it’s just too damned hot.
In my neck of the woods its been raining since Monday . Before Monday , it had been raining most evry day .. lol ... it's not quite as hot when its raining but when it stops , the humidity goes ballistic . My unfinished man cave , though unfinished , is good enough ... its got a/c Image
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

9 Iron wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:41 pm It’s just too hot to enjoy it right now. I’ve been smoking a little Lane Ready Rubbed early in the morning on the drive to work, maybe half a small machine made cigar in the shade on a break, but it’s just too damned hot.
I recently picked up two or three varieties of small cigars that I think might fill the bill when it gets too warmish.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I haven’t had the Dutch in probably 7 years . man , pop that one .. lol !! :thumbs:
[/quote]
So @Ruffinogold, I tried that Three Star Dutch this evening, even though the weather had cooled considerably. It was a pleasant, though very light, smoke. Reminded me a lot of Sweet Cask, only without the sweet topping. I was enjoying an ice cold root-beer on the side, which made me wonder; "Is it possible to top a burly with root-beer?" Seems like that might be good. :)
sisyphus
Person of Interest

light, citrus-y Virginias
cigars on the porch with my oldest son
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:14 pm I haven’t had the Dutch in probably 7 years . man , pop that one .. lol !! :thumbs:
So @Ruffinogold, I tried that Three Star Dutch this evening, even though the weather had cooled considerably. It was a pleasant, though very light, smoke. Reminded me a lot of Sweet Cask, only without the sweet topping. I was enjoying an ice cold root-beer on the side, which made me wonder; "Is it possible to top a burly with root-beer?" Seems like that might be good. :)
[/quote]

Its the lightest burley Ive ever smoked ... I think Sutliff has / had a rootbeer blend ?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I was smoking Big-n-Burley when I got home from church. It was 90's and humid. Just to get a feel for that whole smoking in the heat thing, I lingered on the porch before going inside. I am definitely recommending Big-n-Burley for smoking in the heat.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017