What Are You Smoking October 2018

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

SPRT in the Viscount pot
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
simplepipes
Codger in Training

C&D Bright Virginia Ribbon . . . Modified MM Markus . . . Diet Soda.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

simplepipes wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:19 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:55 pm Derby Club in a Viscount pot

Your Silver Duke and this Viscount are my favorites of the Grabow Pots you post regularly . . . both look to be well appreciated favorites.

-sp
They are just astonishingly good smokers. I smoke the Silver Duke every day and for now at least it does not get "rotated." The Viscount will get sent back to the rack for another Grabow pot at some point. There is no telling just when it will be time.

The question for me really is how did pipes like these fly under the radar. Maybe I have just been lucky, or maybe there is just something about my smoking style that works with them...

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Revelation Match in the Amphora X-tra.. speaking of not rotating.. this little pipe is taking some serious abuse from me :)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Westbrook pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
slowroll
Founding Member

Hello all, finally posting again after a bit of hard labor keeping me away. Happily smoking HH Vintage Syrian with perique in my #1 iron horse stack, coffee and Laphroig on the side.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

ODF-RR in a Viscount 69Y

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Long day, home late. Nothin' wrong with sitting on the porch in the dark, enjoying a bowl of somethin' nice. :) I've given/traded away most of my tub of Chatham Manor, but haven't had a bowl full of it in ages. So tonight I took the tub onto the porch and enjoyed a coupla bowls full. By gum, that's pretty good stuff! It codgers up real nice. Used this pipe; a 2017 Sav Canadian PSF POY.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I decided to pull out the "sample jar" where I keep little bags of random tobaccos I'm given and ran across a little bit of Germain's medium flake. So I'm having some of that in the little Larsen bent apple that doesn't see near enough use. Perrier on the side
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
whitebriar

Old Dark Fired in a Grabow author---this seems to be a strange tobacco (for me--not everyone i'm sure)--last week in a kaywoodie author i detected almost nothin' but virginia---but tonight it came across with that good deep tobacco flavor that i got with the first bowl a few weeks ago--
it's probably just me---i rub it out pretty fine--also fairly dry--not crunchy just a bit drier than fresh from tin---never have been too fond of fold and stuff--too lazy to relight--if i can keep the deep dark tobacco flavor i'd be tempted to get a pound or so of this one for a special time smoke--may just have to bite the bullet and see what happens--