What Are You Smoking October 2018

slowroll
Founding Member

HH Vintage Syrian in a Jarl Canadian. Rather a rare shape for them way back.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
aggman

2014 Frog Morton Cellar in my dog pipe with my dog after pumpkin carving with the family.

avid

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:07 am I've been a one trick pony today since before dawn, smoking Low Country Vabur in a fave Grand Duke 69
How do you rate the Dr Grabow...I have a little blue spade and am thinking of getting a full size one off the bay...???!!!
insufferable filter guy
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

avid wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:13 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:07 am I've been a one trick pony today since before dawn, smoking Low Country Vabur in a fave Grand Duke 69
How do you rate the Dr Grabow...I have a little blue spade and am thinking of getting a full size one off the bay...???!!!
I'll put it this way. I have never had a bad smoking Grabow and I've had a bunch. And I still do! It doesn't matter it they are push stem or Ajustomatic, filter or stinger...great smoking pipes one and all, up and down the line. :king:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

SidStavros wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:42 pm Image

I raise my pipe with Samuel Gawith Grousemoor and a glass of liqueur in the memory of two brave men, Adolph Metzger [US Cavalry] and John "Portugee" Phillips [US civilian]
http://homebrewedmojo.blogspot.com/2016 ... erman.html
the first after had no ammo or anything else to fight [buttstock of sword] start hitting the enemy with his bugle till his last breath [the Indians honoured him and show respect to his body] and the second under extreme weather situations manage to don't get caught and after a 236-mile ride delivered a message for help before collapse from exhaustion.
http://www.historynet.com/ride-of-a-lifetime.htm
I’ve read the story of Portugee before, thanks for the reminder
insufferable filter guy
avid

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:18 pm
I'll put it this way. I have never had a bad smoking Grabow and I've had a bunch. And I still do! It doesn't matter it they are push stem or Ajustomatic, filter or stinger...great smoking pipes one and all, up and down the line. :king:
Thank you, Sir...!!!
insufferable filter guy
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

You won't find any negative opinions on grabow's 'round these parts. Good smokers
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Finally home after one helluva day. Smoking some watch city slices in the little sandblasted bamboo apple from blue room. McKenna bonded on the side
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a Silver Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

ODF-RR in an Eldorado pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017