What Are You Smoking November 2018

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bamarick wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:31 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:39 pm ERR Match in a Grand Duke 69
Since your Pipe is a "Grand" does that mean that it has a larger than normal (for Dr. G) bowl? Curious minds and all of that stuff :lol:

My only smoke for today has been Cades Cove Cavendish in a Dr G Royalton. I've read that the CCC is simply repackaged Lane 1-Q, but I think it's a bit milder with a somewhat sweeter taste.
No, Grand Duke is just one of the lines made by Dr Grabow. Grand Dukes can be small or large, depending on the shape.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

More ODF-RR in the BST pot
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
ncrobb
Founding Member

I finished taking down the section of the barn that had fallen in. Stacked the tin inside the main barn and brought home a truck load of boards, slats, rough cut 2x4s and some cedar posts. All got cut up into 15”-20” lengths for burning in the fire pit. Relaxing for now with Magnum Opus in the Busted Barling. My wife handed me a cup of coffee and it’s cherry flavored or something. I bet she is giggling right now.

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Now smoking some ODF in the grand duke from Tim west. This would be one of the smaller dukes as was mentioned earlier (its tiny)

And since I've already made mention of it a couple times here's my brisket right before it got wrapped with foil for the remainder of the cook
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in the Silver Duke pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:03 pm Now smoking some ODF in the grand duke from Tim west. This would be one of the smaller dukes as was mentioned earlier (its tiny)

And since I've already made mention of it a couple times here's my brisket right before it got wrapped with foil for the remainder of the cook
Mr Bearsley your Brisket looks good enough to eat. Out of the 4 I've tried only 1 had been good enough for me to feed to anyone beside my wife & myself. I can smoke an amazing Boston Butt, but Briskets are out of my league.

This afternoon's smoke was SWR in the Peterson Aran 80s.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bamarick wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:55 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:03 pm Now smoking some ODF in the grand duke from Tim west. This would be one of the smaller dukes as was mentioned earlier (its tiny)

Mr Bearsley your Brisket looks good enough to eat. Out of the 4 I've tried only 1 had been good enough for me to feed to anyone beside my wife & myself. I can smoke an amazing Boston Butt, but Briskets are out of my league.

Thank you sir! I can't take full credit for it because the traeger makes it awfully easy to cook.

Currently enjoying another round of ODF in the tiny but grand duke
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Double Down in the WDC pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:24 pm
Bamarick wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Thank you sir! I can't take full credit for it because the traeger makes it awfully easy to cook.

Currently enjoying another round of ODF in the tiny but grand duke
I use a Kamado Joe (think Big Green Egg) and I'm quite satisfied with it. Just to keep from hijacking the thread again I'll say that my first bowl tomorrow will probably be Lane Limited RPL-6 in the Czech No-Name.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

While digging through the trunk that I call my "cellar" this afternoon, I happened upon a jar of Escudo Navy Deluxe coins that have been aging since 2015. The seal of the jar came off with a satisfyingly loud pop, and the jar-note was incredible. During the same dig, I came upon a pipe I hadn't smoked in a couple of years and forgot I had; a Savinelli Blue Alligator 606. I promptly loaded'er up with 2.5 coins, and made my way to the porch. Man, that was one long, satisfying smoke! Here's a pic I grabbed from the interwebs...I'll get a shot of mine later.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-