Double Down in the Silver Duke pot
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:38 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:55 pm

I am setting in my recliner with a pipe and a dog, watching a signal that has probably traveled a couple of hundred thousand miles before it got to my screen. My wife is out there driving in the crazy traffic.
You should of made a day of it. That would have been something to see in person.
I saw JFK when he was alive. I watched the service. I have carried flag draped coffins. I have seen and ridden trains. What could I gain by standing in the rain and fighting traffic besides a headache?
Or maybe not. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Good morning, smoking dark aromatic flake in a English made system 314 and drinking my usual brew.
Father Tom, wishing your daughter well.

The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 am Good morning, smoking dark aromatic flake in a English made system 314 and drinking my usual brew.
Father Tom, wishing your daughter well.

Thanks... I leave the house at 5:30 or so on Friday. I usually get home by 2, which is about the time she gets up some days. I will find out how she is doing later.

More Double Down in the Silver Duke pot...

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

SWR in the MM Cob. Image
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:11 pm
steamboat wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:50 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:44 pm Trying out a new batch of Polish Condor in a Commodore

Never had the opportunity to smoke Condor. Is that blend floral as in St. Bruno? or is it lakeland as in Sams Flake. Love Sams Flake, St Bruno is the most vile leaf i put in a pipe to this day, and never want any blend that resembles that leaf again.
It's it's own thing. The Polish stuff is getting better, or at least this batch is. The Irish stuff was simple, complex, light, and stout. That stuff is some sort of tarry, peatty, camphor, floral, wintergreen, herbal, leather, overall assault on the senses and smoked so smooth with just enough nicotine to top you off. Hoping the Polish production improves or strikes a note close enough to truly satisfy.
Sounds like Poland has created it's own M79. 🤠😁
God and Texas!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Having some Carter Hall in a bent Roma. This pipe has a multitude of fills and has a really bad varnish job on it(finish is bubbling everywhere, will probably sand it off), but the drilling is spot on and it smokes great. If they stepped up their briar selection a little, they'd would be a serious contender in the budget pipe market. As it sits now though, they just can't compete with Dr. G or any of S.M. Frank's current offerings. I can't complain though.. good little beater pipe.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

More Double Down in the Silver Duke pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:32 am Having some Carter Hall in a bent Roma. This pipe has a multitude of fills and has a really bad varnish job on it(finish is bubbling everywhere, will probably sand it off), but the drilling is spot on and it smokes great. If they stepped up their briar selection a little, they'd would be a serious contender in the budget pipe market. As it sits now though, they just can't compete with Dr. G or any of S.M. Frank's current offerings. I can't complain though.. good little beater pipe.

She takes a good picture!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-