What Are You Smoking January 2019

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:04 pm
Doctor Willet wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:47 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:11 am Smoking Condor long cut in a clay that was previously owned by Old Ted. I've had this pipe for a few years and I only smoke Condor in it because that's what he smoked.
:bow: That's really cool. I've got some Condor lined up for later. I'm looking to refill my stash of it, even if it is the new Polish-made stuff. I like it all the same, as I never had the real/genuine Irish-made article. I'd also like to try Cannon and Revor plugs, but I have no idea where I'd come across any.

But at any rate, that pipe is a piece of history. You should snap a photo next time you have it out.

Happy New Year my brother of the briar. Here's to another smoky year and to filling this site up with more great pipe-y content!
Happy New Year!🥂 Thank you for the kind words... 🙏I'm getting ready to load another, I'll take a pic and post it. Cannon and Revor you have to find overseas... I'm all out of Revor but if you PM me your addy I'll send you some Cannon.
Where are you getting Cannon from and do they ship or are you getting help from someone overseas?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ryback Gold in a Weber pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I just tossed a London Broil on the grill and I'm smoking Old Ted's clay chock full of Condor.
The Troll Whisperer
zkeeper

Well it's evening tide, first day of the year...and for me it's Heritage by C&D with Old Gowrie as seconds. Love my study -- quiet and effectual.
"On land or sea, at home abroad, I smoke my pipe and worship God." J. S. Bach
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:45 pm I just tossed a London Broil on the grill and I'm smoking Old Ted's clay chock full of Condor.
That looks really good, should finally get a clay but I'm too picky. Tried for a Peterson soo many times and am always outbid, it's not the 1700's so given the option I prefer a real stem to keep the skin on my lips and prevent grinding notches into my teeth.

Having Cannon Plug in a Viscount, no picture, this page is running real slow and not fully loading everything for some reason.
Wooda
Founding Member

First smoke of the New year. Jackknife ready rubbed in an old a corn cob while I cut some pallets for fire wood.

Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Low Country Virginia and Burley in a Dr Grabow Eldorado
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Oriental Dusk in a Rossi bent pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

PA in a bent Legend. Still feels below freezing outside, which is making me wish I had an inside smoking spot.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:04 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:45 pm I just tossed a London Broil on the grill and I'm smoking Old Ted's clay chock full of Condor.
That looks really good, should finally get a clay but I'm too picky. Tried for a Peterson soo many times and am always outbid, it's not the 1700's so given the option I prefer a real stem to keep the skin on my lips and prevent grinding notches into my teeth.

Having Cannon Plug in a Viscount, no picture, this page is running real slow and not fully loading everything for some reason.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the one piece clays either.

I think they still sell just the clay bowls and you can have a stem put on, I've done that with a few others and they turned out great, I gave them away to forum friends and just have the Old Ted and one other. They burn really clean and dry.
The Troll Whisperer