What Are You Smoking January 2019

Doctor Willet

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:11 am Smoking Condor long cut in a clay that was previously owned by Old Ted. I've had this pipe for a few years and I only smoke Condor in it because that's what he smoked.
:bow: That's really cool. I've got some Condor lined up for later. I'm looking to refill my stash of it, even if it is the new Polish-made stuff. I like it all the same, as I never had the real/genuine Irish-made article. I'd also like to try Cannon and Revor plugs, but I have no idea where I'd come across any.

But at any rate, that pipe is a piece of history. You should snap a photo next time you have it out.

Happy New Year my brother of the briar. Here's to another smoky year and to filling this site up with more great pipe-y content!
And miles to go before I sleep.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:46 am ODF-RR in a BST pot

My goodness ... that needs a buffing :) whenever you're ready , my offer perpetually stands

Fixin to run to town to get some dog food . Tawny Flake in my Basil Meadows Mini Meadows pipe
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

ODF in a smooth Invicta Rhodesian w/silver
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:18 pm
My goodness ... that needs a buffing :) whenever you're ready , my offer perpetually stands
The picture is at least a year old. It needs it more than it might appear from the picture.

A problem is that I smoke it every day at least once. If I sent it off to you, there would be the shipping and turnaround time. Maybe if I ever come for a visit I could bring it.

Burley Flake #2 in a Belvedere pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

This morning it was Carter Hall in a $10.00 Basket Pipe from a local B&M that is sadly out of business now.

Then it was my Lane BCA/Carter Hall mix in the Grabow Regal.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

ODF-RR in a GBD prince

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Finley crafted mix of only the finest Virginias w / Three Sails Topper . . . Modified MM Great Dane . . . Pot of Yorkshire Gold.

Mass earlier this morning was a breeding ground for Colds . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

After a New Year's Day dinner of Chinese take out eaten whilst watching the Outdoor Classic 'twixt Boston and Chicago, I'm back on the porch. :) This time I've got this Grabow Viscount loaded with Lane Ready Rubbed. More hot coffee on the side.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Grasmere in a Mastro

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Doctor Willet wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:47 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:11 am Smoking Condor long cut in a clay that was previously owned by Old Ted. I've had this pipe for a few years and I only smoke Condor in it because that's what he smoked.
:bow: That's really cool. I've got some Condor lined up for later. I'm looking to refill my stash of it, even if it is the new Polish-made stuff. I like it all the same, as I never had the real/genuine Irish-made article. I'd also like to try Cannon and Revor plugs, but I have no idea where I'd come across any.

But at any rate, that pipe is a piece of history. You should snap a photo next time you have it out.

Happy New Year my brother of the briar. Here's to another smoky year and to filling this site up with more great pipe-y content!
Happy New Year!🥂 Thank you for the kind words... 🙏I'm getting ready to load another, I'll take a pic and post it. Cannon and Revor you have to find overseas... I'm all out of Revor but if you PM me your addy I'll send you some Cannon.
The Troll Whisperer