What are you smoking Jan . 2019

MikeDennison
Member in Good Standing

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:11 am

Idlehands wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:16 am
Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen. Been away from the forums for a while for several reasons medical and non-medical combined. Back now in the swing of things starting the day with some aged (2 years in the cellar) CM in a Stanwell 20-buck Apple shape 182. Irish black tea is my drink. Too many posts to catch up on, so I'll just start from today.
Good to have ya back!
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 4):
simplepipesoldbillIslayphileIdlehands
leacha
Founding Member

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:35 am

This pipe and tobacco are a great combination!
This post by leacha liked by (total 10):
simplepipeshoutenzielMaynardMikeDennisonLongshanksoldbillBruyere_RoyaleIslayphileMr BeardsleyIdlehands
Andrew Image
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 am

Picayune in the Silver Duke pot

Anyone know if the SmokingPipes B&M is open on Sunday? As long as I am in SC, I might be able to break away for a few hours tomorrow afternoon.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 8):
MikeDennisonoldbillBruyere_RoyaleIslayphilesimplepipesMr BeardsleyMaynardIdlehands
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Member in Good Standing

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:48 am

Fr_Tom wrote:

Anyone know if the SmokingPipes B&M is open on Sunday? As long as I am in SC, I might be able to break away for a few hours tomorrow afternoon.
The Low Country Pipe & Cigar website indicates it's closed on Sundays. Sorry, Padre!
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 4):
IslayphilesimplepipesMaynardIdlehands
houtenziel
Member in Good Standing

leacha wrote:
Your avatar is hilarious(kind of disturbing too, uncanny valley and all). I am guessing Carl is not a familiar character to most on this forum :D
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 7):
MikeDennisonoldbillBruyere_RoyaleIslayphilesimplepipesMaynardIdlehands
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:54 am

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:00 am
Fr_Tom wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:33 am
I don't want anyone to think I have quit smoking. I am four hours into the drive and am just finishing bowl four. I brought a Silver Duke pot, a Starfire 45 pot, and a BST pot for the trip. It has all been Picayune and Big-n-Burley so far. I am sparing the pipe cleaners.
Lol..
You could just hold the pipe out of the window while your driving and that will clear out any bits and ash.
I have never used a pipe cleaner in the bowl. If I am sitting somewhere with a pipe nail, I will give the bowl a pretty good scrape before dumping ashes. In the Suburban, I have been doing the scrape before dumping ashes out the window.This practice helps minimize reamings.

I did run a pipe cleaner through the stem after bowl 2 this morning. I am starting the break in process again.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 7):
MikeDennisonoldbillBruyere_RoyaleIslayphilesimplepipesMaynardIdlehands

Old Ted Award - 2017
leacha
Founding Member

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am

houtenziel wrote:
leacha wrote:
Your avatar is hilarious(kind of disturbing too, uncanny valley and all). I am guessing Carl is not a familiar character to most on this forum :D
Before my son was born, retiring to bed and watching Adult Swim was a favorite. After the birth my wife and I realized we were paying for TV and never watching it, not even AS. We cut the cord and never looked back. I know we can stream the shows but it's not the same so when I saw that image of Carl I knew I had to use it.
This post by leacha liked by (total 6):
MikeDennisonhoutenzielBruyere_RoyaleIslayphilesimplepipesIdlehands
Andrew Image
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:19 am

MikeDennison wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:

The Low Country Pipe & Cigar website indicates it's closed on Sundays. Sorry, Padre!
Darn it... I was going to suggest if anyone was local, we meet up at the B&M. It is probably better if I stay here at the house and help greet visitors with casseroles and condolences anyway.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 6):
Bruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonIslayphilesimplepipesoldbillIdlehands

Old Ted Award - 2017
slowroll
Founding Member

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 am

A pleasant bowl of HH ODF in my mountain king stack, while listening to a wonderful rendition of the Peer Gynt suite's "Solveig's Song" by a great soprano. Appropriate to the pipe and this piece nearly brings a tear to my eye.
This post by slowroll liked by (total 8):
Bruyere_RoyalehoutenzielMikeDennisonIslayphilesimplepipesMr BeardsleyoldbillIdlehands
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:32 am

Afternoon, I had to work on my truck this morning, smoked a few bowls of Heine's Blend in the 99b and now I just finished a tunafish sandwich for lunch. Gearing up to smoke the last of my rum twist in a Ser Jacopo Rowlette.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 7):
houtenzielMikeDennisonIslayphilesimplepipesMr BeardsleyoldbillIdlehands
Tsal...