What Are You Smoking February 2019

9 Iron
Founding Member

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Uhle’s blend 00 in a Peterson System Standard 312.

This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 11):
oldbillPeacockKevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonhoutenzielJohnnysimplepipesMr BeardsleyracinghossLongshanks
Peacock

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Luxury Bullseye Flake in the Dr. Grabow Willard. Some oxidation showed itself today in the sunshine - didn't see that under artificial or clouded daylight. Damn. I rolled a flake into a ball today rather than rubbing out and consider me a fan!
This post by Peacock liked by (total 8):
Kevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleoldbillMikeDennisonhoutenzielJohnnysimplepipesMr Beardsley
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:59 pm

LC Cherry in a Grand Duke
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 10):
oldbillBruyere_RoyalePeacockMikeDennisonhoutenzielJohnnysimplepipesMr BeardsleyracinghossLongshanks
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:16 pm

Peacock wrote:
Luxury Bullseye Flake in the Dr. Grabow Willard. Some oxidation showed itself today in the sunshine - didn't see that under artificial or clouded daylight. Damn. I rolled a flake into a ball today rather than rubbing out and consider me a fan!
Yeah, there's something cool about having different flavors hit as you smoke through the bowl. First you may be getting the Virginias and the Perique and then BAM here comes the sweetness of the Cavendish. ;)
This post by oldbill liked by (total 6):
PeacockMikeDennisonhoutenzielBruyere_RoyaleJohnnysimplepipes
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
MikeDennison

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:29 pm

Home early today...have this ol' Sav Punto Oro panel loaded with Macanudo. Club soda on the side.
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 9):
houtenzielPeacockBruyere_RoyaleoldbillJohnnysimplepipesMr BeardsleyracinghossLongshanks
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Another bowl of Low Country VaBur in the Icarus
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 7):
Bruyere_RoyalePeacockoldbillJohnnyMikeDennisonsimplepipesMr Beardsley
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Good afternoon, all! I was feeling a bit under the weather this morning and left work early. Feeling a bit better now, fortunately! This IMP arrived today and the maiden voyage is with Mac Baren HH Burley Flake.

This post by Johnny liked by (total 8):
Bruyere_RoyalePeacockoldbillMikeDennisonsimplepipesMr BeardsleyracinghossLongshanks
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:46 pm

oldbill wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:16 pm
Peacock wrote:
Yeah, there's something cool about having different flavors hit as you smoke through the bowl. First you may be getting the Virginias and the Perique and then BAM here comes the sweetness of the Cavendish. ;)
What about granny pants and urinal cakes?
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 4):
PeacockoldbillJohnnyMikeDennison
Tsal... 🎳
houtenziel
Codger in Training

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:57 pm

Kiko meer arrived today intact, despite being carelessly placed loose inside a bubble mailer. I have my work cut out for me today doing the de-ox on the stem. Before I get to that though, I am having some Sweet Vanilla Honeydew in the Roma and really enjoying it. It's one of the few blends that tastes just like it smells, amazing.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 8):
oldbillJohnnyPeacockMikeDennisonsimplepipesMr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleLongshanks
"Without an end progress is mere lost wandering" - Harvey Mansfield
Peacock

Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:20 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:57 pm
Kiko meer arrived today intact, despite being carelessly placed loose inside a bubble mailer. I have my work cut out for me today doing the de-ox on the stem. Before I get to that though, I am having some Sweet Vanilla Honeydew in the Roma and really enjoying it. It's one of the few blends that tastes just like it smells, amazing.
Sweet! looking forward to seeing it. Giving it the Flitz treatment? Flitz then Paragon or am I missing a step? And I need to try this aromatic...
This post by Peacock liked by (total 4):
JohnnyMikeDennisonsimplepipesoldbill
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein