What Are You Smoking February 2019

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

After a fairly productive day, I'm home in the den with my feet up. About really to fire up this Gasparini Mirage with a bowl full of a 1:1 blend of OJK/BLWB. Normally I'd be using Low Country VaBur with the BLWB, but for some reason the LC has grown legs and walked off. Glass o' cab on the side. (Not sure if that's gonna work or not.)
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

ImageIt's only the first. You guys are on page 5 and then some.
I am shamed.
Hit the Scottie with nearly the last of the Escudo tin.
Wow, all around
The draw on the Scottie is as good as it gets, and then some.
Finally some good wearher
Enjoy your weekend
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

SPRT in a Golden Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Middle Earth wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:21 pm It's only the first. You guys are on page 5 and then some.
I am working on it. I had my regular Friday service at 6 AM and then a funeral, trip to the cemetery, luncheon, etc. Smoking opportunities were limited.

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:13 pm After a fairly productive day, I'm home in the den with my feet up. About really to fire up this Gasparini Mirage with a bowl full of a 1:1 blend of OJK/BLWB. Normally I'd be using Low Country VaBur with the BLWB, but for some reason the LC has grown legs and walked off. Glass o' cab on the side. (Not sure if that's gonna work or not.)
Whew! On the snork, that OJK will still scorch the interior of the nostrils...even when cut with the BLWB! :o
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:36 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:13 pm After a fairly productive day, I'm home in the den with my feet up. About really to fire up this Gasparini Mirage with a bowl full of a 1:1 blend of OJK/BLWB. Normally I'd be using Low Country VaBur with the BLWB, but for some reason the LC has grown legs and walked off. Glass o' cab on the side. (Not sure if that's gonna work or not.)
Whew! On the snork, that OJK will still scorch the interior of the nostrils...even when cut with the BLWB! :o
OJK is just really good stuff.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:05 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:36 pm
OJK is just really good stuff.
Yeah it is. When 5100 was available I liked to mix them 50/50
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
racinghoss

OfPipeAndPen wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:40 pm Rich’s Craven Claw in my new Radice Rind. Still learning shapes so not sure what this considered? Only my second smoke in this pipe and both have been nirvana Image
I love the band on that pipe. Great looking piece, all around!
racinghoss

houtenziel wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:44 pm Firin' up some SPRT in the Uhle's bent Dublin. Yeah, that's right, I am callin' it a Dublin.
I was in Milwaukee last week and weekend on business. Hotel was a few blocks from Uhle's. I wanted to get down there to snooping around and smoke a bit, but never had the chance. I'll be back next year.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

racinghoss wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:09 pm
houtenziel wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:44 pm Firin' up some SPRT in the Uhle's bent Dublin. Yeah, that's right, I am callin' it a Dublin.
I was in Milwaukee last week and weekend on business. Hotel was a few blocks from Uhle's. I wanted to get down there to snooping around and smoke a bit, but never had the chance. I'll be back next year.
Wouldn't mind going there myself. Quite a bit of my extended family lives not too far away from there in Wisconsin, so there is a good chance I might get there some day. I still need to try Uhle's 00, so an online order will have to suffice for now :)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt