What Are You Smoking February 2019

Bamarick

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:14 pm
Bamarick wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:59 am
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 pm SWR in this Grabow Royalton bulldog.
Ahhhhhhhhhyyyeaaahhhhhhh...
How do you like the Royalton? I've been trying to get a B&M here to get one in so that I can put an eye on it before buying, but so far they've not paid any attention to my wishes.
I love it! It's a good smoker, and it's nice lookin' to boot! ;) The only complaint I have is with the stem...it's bloody hard, no give to it whatsoever. But that doesn't keep me from smokin' it!
My wife & I are just back home from a weekend trip and since I couldn't get on the board with my phone I've just seen this. I have a straight stem Royalton that's a good smoker and since I don't clench or chew on the stem the material it's made from is of no real importance. I think I'll shake the Piggy Bank again & just order one direct from Dr. G. Thanks for the report.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bamarick wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Bamarick wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:59 am

How do you like the Royalton? I've been trying to get a B&M here to get one in so that I can put an eye on it before buying, but so far they've not paid any attention to my wishes.
I love it! It's a good smoker, and it's nice lookin' to boot! ;) The only complaint I have is with the stem...it's bloody hard, no give to it whatsoever. But that doesn't keep me from smokin' it!
My wife & I are just back home from a weekend trip and since I couldn't get on the board with my phone I've just seen this. I have a straight stem Royalton that's a good smoker and since I don't clench or chew on the stem the material it's made from is of no real importance. I think I'll shake the Piggy Bank again & just order one direct from Dr. G. Thanks for the report.
Go for it! :D Hope you and the missus had a good trip.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

SidStavros wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:08 pm I found a very interesting photo, don't you agree?

Motzek Curly Strang.
Yes ! I had that picture as a wallpaper.... it covers most all bases , I love it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

simplepipes wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:04 pm Mug of Stout Brewed Ceylon . . . Few Puffs from a Bowl of Special Virginia / Three Sails Mix . . .Falcon w / Bantam Algiers.

Swelling has gone down to the point where I am trying to get acquainted with my new temporary upper front teeth. Stiches likely to come out tomorrow.

-sp
I am glad to see you at the point where you can take a few puffs at least. Keep healing!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Church this morning with Dear Sweetie, then out for Mexican food with the Old Folks. In the den now, feet up, this Sav Blue Alligator burning "Hair O' the Dog" (OJK/BLWB). Club soda on the side.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Mac Baren Latakia Flake in a Pete 307
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

ODF-RR in a BST pot

We are getting blizzard(ish) snow here. The drive home was painfully slow. I saw a half dozen emergency vehicles and NO plows. This is not a good sign.

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:09 pm
It was great as I got to see & hold my new Granddaughter. This is Grandchild #11, but she's just as precious as the first!

I'm glad to be back home though & I celebrated with a bowl of SPRT in the Fischer Poker. I haven't been able to enjoy a pipe since Thursday afternoon so this was s special treat.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bamarick wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:58 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:09 pm

It was great as I got to see & hold my new Granddaughter. This is Grandchild #11, but she's just as precious as the first!

I'm glad to be back home though & I celebrated with a bowl of SPRT in the Fischer Poker. I haven't been able to enjoy a pipe since Thursday afternoon so this was s special treat.
That's awesome, sir! 11 grandkids! You're a rich man. :thumbs:
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Few more puffs from the same pipe, et al as before . . . Diet Soda.

Life is good . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .