What Are You Smoking March 2019

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Afternoon break time with Cap'n Boomers in the tinymeer. Finishing off a bottle of Arrowhead fizzy water
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Oriental Dusk in an Altinok billiard

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Finally home, fed and watered...thanks to Chinese take out. In the den, pup's asleep at my feet, and I've got this no-name Italian pot burning Macanudo. First pipe in seven days, and man, does it taste good. :thumbs:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm Finally home, fed and watered...thanks to Chinese take out. In the den, pup's asleep at my feet, and I've got this no-name Italian pot burning Macanudo. First pipe in seven days, and man, does it taste good. :thumbs:
Posted a pic o' the wrong pipe. Here's the right one.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
racinghoss

SWRA in this Kiko. 76*, sunshine. Yeah!

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Johnny wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:09 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:44 pm
Johnny wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 pm

What do you do? Melt the wax and dunk it in?
It really is just that simple! Cork the chamber, melt the beeswax and submerge it to the stem. I swirl it around in the melted beeswax and then shake off the excess, and wipe/polish the pipe with a soft cloth. Easy!
Cool! I'll have to hunt for some corks next time I go to the store. Is that something I can grab at Walmart or? I can't say I've ever looked for corks. Thanks Kevin!
Brewery supply stores will have them too, they come in different sizes, you probably want the smaller ones.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:28 pm
Johnny wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:09 pm
It really is just that simple! Cork the chamber, melt the beeswax and submerge it to the stem. I swirl it around in the melted beeswax and then shake off the excess, and wipe/polish the pipe with a soft cloth. Easy!
Cool! I'll have to hunt for some corks next time I go to the store. Is that something I can grab at Walmart or? I can't say I've ever looked for corks. Thanks Kevin!
Brewery supply stores will have them too, they come in different sizes, you probably want the smaller ones.
We have one of those in town too if I come up empty at the other places. Thanks Alex!
Mrm1775

Johnny wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:03 am

You should give that IMP a beeswax bath. They love it and wow, does it ever bring out color!
What do you do? Melt the wax and dunk it in?
How soon do you do that to a new pipe and then how often??
Mrm1775

Just home from work and smoking nothing yet. Waiting on the mailman to deliver my new cobs and a sample of SMEER. Jeez, he should’ve been here 2 hours ago.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

So, I was wondering why that pot had such an easy draw...I mean, wide open like trying to pull smoke through a barn door or something. Turns out it was a 9mm filter jobbie what I was trying to smoke sans filter. Now I've got this Yorkshire Canadian loaded up with Macanudo, and it's working just right. :D