What Are You Smoking March 2019

simplepipes
Member in Good Standing

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:24 pm

Middle Earth wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:46 pm
McClelland No.24
In a Ser Jacopo
Posted the drive as it will look in about for weeks, jumped the gun on that. Fat fingured it.
ImageImage
Beautiful view!

-sp
This post by simplepipes liked by (total 8):
oldbillMiddle EarthBruyere_RoyaleJohnnyavidMikeDennisonPeacockThelonious monkfish
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:32 pm

I'm trying to get one more round out of all of the Meers today, so Bacchus is now loaded with some English baccy! :D
This post by oldbill liked by (total 10):
Middle EarthMr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyalesimplepipesJohnnyavidMikeDennisonPeacockFlyfish FallsThelonious monkfish
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:49 pm

ODF-RR in the Altinok POY

This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 11):
oldbillMr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthsimplepipesJohnnyavidMikeDennisonPeacockhoutenzielThelonious monkfish
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
9 Iron
Founding Member

Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:37 pm

Nice sunny afternoon today, a bit of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic in a Yello Bole.

This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 13):
Bruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthFr_TomsimplepipesJohnnyoldbillavidMr BeardsleyMikeDennisonhoutenzielFlyfish FallsPeacockThelonious monkfish
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:48 pm

9 Iron wrote:
Nice sunny afternoon today, a bit of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic in a Yello Bole.

I've been smoking SWRA recently and it's usually my forced holiday family party smoke, it tastes a lot better without the pressure.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 11):
Fr_Tom9 IronsimplepipesoldbillJohnnyavidMr BeardsleyMikeDennisonhoutenzielPeacockThelonious monkfish
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:50 pm

Middle Earth wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:46 pm
McClelland No.24
In a Ser Jacopo
Posted the drive as it will look in about for weeks, jumped the gun on that. Fat fingured it.
ImageImage
Great shot!
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 7):
Fr_TomoldbillJohnnyavidMikeDennisonPeacockThelonious monkfish
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:54 pm

ODF-RR in the Altinok billiard

This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 10):
Bruyere_RoyalesimplepipesoldbillJohnnyavidMr BeardsleyMikeDennisonhoutenzielPeacockThelonious monkfish
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
9 Iron
Founding Member

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:10 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
9 Iron wrote:

I've been smoking SWRA recently and it's usually my forced holiday family party smoke, it tastes a lot better without the pressure.
This is my first time ever smoking it, and the pipe is new as well so I’m not ready to form an opinion on it. It didn’t smell nearly as aromatic in the pouch as I thought it would but I can definitely taste the topping. I’d say it’s better than the regular SWR, definitely has the ‘My grandpas pipe in the 1960’s” smell goin on, which I really dig. The whole reason I am gathering a few of these older style (including some NOS) pipes is solely because my grandpa was my pipe smoking memory from my childhood and a huge reason I took it up later in life. He had just a few Medicos, Yello Boles and Kaywoodies in a single rack, and though my mother couldn’t for the life of her remember what he smoked (he passed in 1970), it was always “wonderful smelling and bought in pouches that were always in his shirt pocket”. When my grandmother died my brother got the little pipe rack and the pipes, they were all straight, smallish (group 3 or 4 size) and though not expensive, meticulously clean and cared for. Practical everyman pipesmoker from the middle 20th century.

I think we lost a lot when we lost our simpler times and more frugal values.
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 11):
JohnnyoldbillFr_TomsimplepipesavidMr BeardsleyMikeDennisonBruyere_RoyalehoutenzielPeacockThelonious monkfish
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:20 pm

ODF in the '69 shell

This post by Johnny liked by (total 10):
oldbillFr_TomsimplepipesavidMr BeardsleyMikeDennisonPeacockhoutenzielFlyfish FallsThelonious monkfish
simplepipes
Member in Good Standing

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:54 pm

9 Iron wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:10 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
9 Iron wrote:

This is my first time ever smoking it, and the pipe is new as well so I’m not ready to form an opinion on it. It didn’t smell nearly as aromatic in the pouch as I thought it would but I can definitely taste the topping. I’d say it’s better than the regular SWR, definitely has the ‘My grandpas pipe in the 1960’s” smell goin on, which I really dig. The whole reason I am gathering a few of these older style (including some NOS) pipes is solely because my grandpa was my pipe smoking memory from my childhood and a huge reason I took it up later in life. He had just a few Medicos, Yello Boles and Kaywoodies in a single rack, and though my mother couldn’t for the life of her remember what he smoked (he passed in 1970), it was always “wonderful smelling and bought in pouches that were always in his shirt pocket”. When my grandmother died my brother got the little pipe rack and the pipes, they were all straight, smallish (group 3 or 4 size) and though not expensive, meticulously clean and cared for. Practical everyman pipesmoker from the middle 20th century.

I think we lost a lot when we lost our simpler times and more frugal values.
Totally agree . . . I am trying to simplify my life.

Going to purge a few pipes in the future that do not get the attention they deserve.

-sp
This post by simplepipes liked by (total 9):
Fr_TomavidJohnnyMikeDennisonhoutenzieloldbillPeacockThelonious monkfishBruyere_Royale