What Are You Smoking April 2019

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:41 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:39 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:31 pm If I wasn't so allergic to sesame that would be my goto.. they look good.
I like any fresh bagel that's made right. As such I haven't purchased a bagel in years, this city cannot figure out how to knead or be bothered with boiling so I make my own, usually sesame seeds and whatever else looks good gets tossed on them.
There's no shortage of great bagels here in Jersey or New York. Today I had a toasted Pumpernickel with a schmear cream cheese and thin sliced cucumber. It was tasty.
I'm well versed in how readily availabe any and all foods are in Jersey/NY, cheap too! You guys are spoiled with that, I don't even know where to get a loaf of Pumpernickel let alone bagels, swear that stuff is only available once a year for Christmas with spinach dip but I'd eat bread regularly if that were around.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Brown Flake Scented in a Duca

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Sutliff Revelation Match in the Riviera pot
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Another bowl 2:1 of Lane White Burley, and this time unstoved Lane Virginia in the Dr. G. The unstoved stuff is really coming through with the sweetness. Unsurprisingly, since they are both Lane tobaccos, I am getting a ready rubbed sort of vibe off of it. I think that if I put just a tad bit of cocoa casing on the Burley, it'd be spot on.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Church this morning with Dear Sweetie, then out for a nice lunch with the Old Folks. Home now, and on the porch. It's 74 with a slight breeze, and it's lovely. The pup gnaws a bone, and I'm burning Old Standby in this International Select. Club soda on the side. Happy Sunday, all!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:23 pm Image
Church this morning with Dear Sweetie, then out for a nice lunch with the Old Folks. Home now, and on the porch. It's 74 with a slight breeze, and it's lovely. The pup gnaws a bone, and I'm burning Old Standby in this International Select. Club soda on the side. Happy Sunday, all!
Love that pipe, MD.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:13 pm Another bowl 2:1 of Lane White Burley, and this time unstoved Lane Virginia in the Dr. G. The unstoved stuff is really coming through with the sweetness. Unsurprisingly, since they are both Lane tobaccos, I am getting a ready rubbed sort of vibe off of it. I think that if I put just a tad bit of cocoa casing on the Burley, it'd be spot on.
Sounds like a good smoke. Lane's bulk blending tobacco gets overlooked quite a bit (I admit that I'm guilty of it) Wonder how time will treat it after a couple of weeks / month blended together
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:42 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:13 pm Another bowl 2:1 of Lane White Burley, and this time unstoved Lane Virginia in the Dr. G. The unstoved stuff is really coming through with the sweetness. Unsurprisingly, since they are both Lane tobaccos, I am getting a ready rubbed sort of vibe off of it. I think that if I put just a tad bit of cocoa casing on the Burley, it'd be spot on.
Sounds like a good smoke. Lane's bulk blending tobacco gets overlooked quite a bit (I admit that I'm guilty of it) Wonder how time will treat it after a couple of weeks / month blended together
I was really surprised when I gave their Virginia a try. It is mild and sweet without any of the attributes that I generally do not like(sharpness, overly acidic, too much hay). I also assumed that their blending stuff would be as low nic as everything else they produce, but this mix I made now definitely has me in my happy place. I might just give burley a light casing and then press this mix for a few days.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Big-n-Burley in a bored-out Rob Roy

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:37 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:23 pm Image
Love that pipe, MD.
Thanks, brother. It's a sweet little smoker! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-