What Are You Smoking April 2019

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:42 pm

Low Country Natural Virginia and Burley in a Vittoria 8315

This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 11):
houtenzielMiddle EarthLongshanksFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleMr BeardsleyFlyfish FallsMikeDennisonsimplepipesoldbillEllis You
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:00 pm

Dark Birds Eye in a GBD banded banker

This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 9):
Kevin KeithLongshanksBruyere_RoyaleMr BeardsleyMiddle EarthMikeDennisonsimplepipesoldbillEllis You
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Middle Earth

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:01 pm

9 Iron wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:14 pm
McClelland Red and Black in a Stanwell, PG tips.

Only have a couple few tins of Red and Black
Definately in the "My Precious" catagory

This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 8):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_Tom9 IronhoutenzielMr BeardsleyMikeDennisonsimplepipesoldbill
Longshanks

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Opened a fresh pouch of Smokers Pride Vanilla Cavendish from the sampler pack yesterday. Loaded it up in the Dr Grabow Starfire. It isn't an overpowering tobacco, but it did somewhat outperform flavor-wise compared to the Smokers Pride Black Cavendish I had previously enjoyed. It was pleasant. I enjoyed it and another day at the park with the toddler. The new job starts tomorrow.

This post by Longshanks liked by (total 10):
Kevin KeithMiddle EarthBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomhoutenzielMr BeardsleyMikeDennisonsimplepipesoldbillEllis You
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:07 pm

9 Iron wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm
9 Iron wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:12 pm
Not that year. It was an expensive bow hiking trip.
Your wife was laughing at you while driving around in her new car. I know mine would have. Lol
Perhaps, but I was hunting on horseback out of an outfitters camp miles from the end of the last road in a beautiful place. I really couldn’t have cared less what anyone else was doing at the time. It was worth every penny. We sold that car for more than we paid so it’s not like it really cost me anything.
That sounds like an awesome trip, wild west kinda stuff! I would have done the same if I had the chance.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
Fr_TomMr BeardsleyMiddle EarthMikeDennisonoldbill
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:11 pm

9 Iron wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:57 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:19 pm
9 Iron wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:14 pm
McClelland Red and Black in a Stanwell, PG tips.

Nice smoking lounge you have there..💨
It looks nice but it sounds like fire engine sirens and weedeaters most of the time. Could be worse, can’t complain.
The price you pay for living in the woods... we get the same sounds here, we also live close to Ft Dix and Mcquire AFB so in the summer they are firing off the big guns.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
Mr BeardsleyFr_TomMiddle EarthMikeDennisonoldbill
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
9 Iron
Founding Member

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:07 pm
9 Iron wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm
Your wife was laughing at you while driving around in her new car. I know mine would have. Lol
Perhaps, but I was hunting on horseback out of an outfitters camp miles from the end of the last road in a beautiful place. I really couldn’t have cared less what anyone else was doing at the time. It was worth every penny. We sold that car for more than we paid so it’s not like it really cost me anything.
That sounds like an awesome trip, wild west kinda stuff! I would have done the same if I had the chance.
I’ve done a lot of it, but it never grows old. I do, unfortunately. Not really able to do it anymore, at least not in that manner. If you ever get a chance, go.
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 4):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMiddle EarthMikeDennison
9 Iron
Founding Member

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
9 Iron wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:19 pm
Nice smoking lounge you have there..💨
It looks nice but it sounds like fire engine sirens and weedeaters most of the time. Could be worse, can’t complain.
The price you pay for living in the woods... we get the same sounds here, we also live close to Ft Dix and Mcquire AFB so in the summer they are firing off the big guns.

Alas, I live near a small wooded area, but it’s smack in the middle of town, a quarter mile from a hospital. It’s a concession to the wife, though thankfully she’s growing weary of it. We lived for a long time out in the sticks but the kids grew up, nobody was riding our horses and neither of us wanted the work involved in 10 acres and four horses any longer. Now I just want out of California and into a small place in the woods somewhere in a moderate climate.

Soon, soon....
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 6):
Mr BeardsleyhoutenzielBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMiddle EarthMikeDennison
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:10 pm

Pegasus in a Ras Kassa apple

This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 8):
Mr BeardsleyLongshanksBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthMikeDennisonsimplepipesoldbillEllis You
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
houtenziel

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:17 pm

9 Iron wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:19 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
9 Iron wrote:

Alas, I live near a small wooded area, but it’s smack in the middle of town, a quarter mile from a hospital. It’s a concession to the wife, though thankfully she’s growing weary of it. We lived for a long time out in the sticks but the kids grew up, nobody was riding our horses and neither of us wanted the work involved in 10 acres and four horses any longer. Now I just want out of California and into a small place in the woods somewhere in a moderate climate.

Soon, soon....
Don't bother coming to Oregon.. with all the Californians fleeing their state(because it sucks), it's basically New California up here. We are packing up and moving to a podunk town near the Mountains in Idaho in a couple months, and will finally be free of it.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 5):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMiddle EarthMikeDennisonMr Beardsley
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK