MM Charles Towne Cobbler!

CoreyR
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:47 am
CoreyR wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:15 am Personally, I could care less if they are made by Guido in his garage in Hoboken just so long as they are well made and get the job done.
Why does it have to be a Guido from Jersey? :lol:
Because it was the first thing I could come up with, outa thin air??? :roll:
CoreyR
Founding Member

Ok, I can never get pictures to post on here so y'all will have to settle for descriptions. I have two of the PSF POYs and two Charlestown Cobbler MMs side by side. The CTs are both a bit longer than the PoYs. One is about 5mm longer at the bit, 4mm at the shank. The other is just over a cm longer on both. the bowls appear to have no more variation than a comparable set of CGs or any other set of "matched" cobs.
Now this is interesting, the stems are NOT interchangeable. I do not have my calipers with me and I am eyeballing everything or using a wooden ruler. The stems are close, very close but the CTs are just a hair too large for the PoYs and the PoYs are too loose to serve in the CTs. They look nearly identical other than the Pipe of the Years are somewhat darker. Just barely though. That could just be age maybe? No matter, they feel the same in my hand and seem to smoke the same. I'm good!! :thumbs:
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Maybe the PoY used a different shank due to the custom logo?
ever forward
CoreyR
Founding Member

The "logo" is just printed on there. No big deal that i can see.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Well, they smoke as good as the PSF PoYs!!
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I'm a bit late to this thread... but I might just have to buy me one of these from MM. I like the looks of it!