I wish I had a thousand dollars.

Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:35 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:58 pm
I'm speechless.
I don't know if you mean this in a good or a bad way but I'm speechless, too. If you look at the pictures from various angles, it's really just and exercise of how to use two shapes and a stem to make something that can be smoked. Triangles and circles in three dimensions, interlocked. I find it a very interesting pipe to consider It is an abstract ideal made real.

The contrast between the stem, the rings, and the wood are very nice. Each part is distinct and they work together harmoniously.

I wish I had a thousand dollars more than I wish this pipe but if I had $50,000 in my pocket, I'd peel off a couple of bills to buy this pipe.

This pipe's main drawback? It doesn't have a stinger! Either a stinger or I would also like it more if he made a version that accepts Medico filters. I bought boxes and boxes of Medico filters years ago and I'd like to use them up before I die.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 4):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMaynardThelonious monkfish
"There are so many bums in this world it must make angels weep. WK is the kind of guy mothers wish their daughters would marry. It's too bad there's only one of him." ---- Overheard in a coffee shop in New Orleans.
Crusty Cob

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:38 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:08 pm
I dunno.. I like weird stuff, but this may be a little too weird. Kinda wimpy chamber for such a massive chunk of wood. Also they claim it to be Briar.. that sure looks a lot like Oak to me, but I could be crazy.
I'm looking at that black tube on the "bottom". Is this an alternate stem location? Can you move the stem around on this?

I'll second the motion on the oak. I dont believe briar has the 2 kinds of growth rings that this block has on the end.
This post by Crusty Cob liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomMaynardThelonious monkfish
avid

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:03 pm

houtenziel wrote:
I dunno.. I like weird stuff, but this may be a little too weird. Kinda wimpy chamber for such a massive chunk of wood. Also they claim it to be Briar.. that sure looks a lot like Oak to me, but I could be crazy.
get me that in brylon and i'm all over it
This post by avid liked by (total 7):
Whalehead KingKevin KeithFr_TomhoutenzielBruyere_RoyaleMaynardThelonious monkfish
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:01 pm

avid wrote:
houtenziel wrote:
Great minds think alike! :thumbs:
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 7):
Kevin KeithFr_TomavidhoutenzielBruyere_RoyaleMaynardThelonious monkfish
"There are so many bums in this world it must make angels weep. WK is the kind of guy mothers wish their daughters would marry. It's too bad there's only one of him." ---- Overheard in a coffee shop in New Orleans.
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:04 pm

Crusty Cob wrote:
houtenziel wrote:
I'm looking at that black tube on the "bottom". Is this an alternate stem location? Can you move the stem around on this?

I'll second the motion on the oak. I dont believe briar has the 2 kinds of growth rings that this block has on the end.
I think you can store the stem in the bottom tube. That's as near as I can figure it from the various photos. There isn't any description to speak of about functionality, just fine workmanship, etc., enough to warrant a thousand bucks.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithFr_TomMaynard
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:36 am

Whalehead King wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:04 pm
Crusty Cob wrote:
houtenziel wrote:

I think you can store the stem in the bottom tube. That's as near as I can figure it from the various photos. There isn't any description to speak of about functionality, just fine workmanship, etc., enough to warrant a thousand bucks.
And Werner is laughing all the way to the bank.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 6):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomhoutenzielWhalehead KingMaynardThelonious monkfish
avid

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:27 am

Whalehead King wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:01 pm
avid wrote:
houtenziel wrote:
Great minds think alike! :thumbs:
LOL
This post by avid liked by (total 4):
houtenzielrekamepipMaynardThelonious monkfish
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Just think of the pounds of SPRT and Double Down you could buy with that $1000.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
houtenzielMaynardThelonious monkfish
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
houtenziel

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:35 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:43 pm
Just think of the pounds of SPRT and Double Down you could buy with that $1000.
Around 100lbs of SPRT or 65lbs of double down... that's a lot of smokin'!
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 2):
MaynardThelonious monkfish
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
Wooda
Founding Member

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:46 pm

[url]https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/werner-mummert/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=330479[/url]

This one of his is more my speed.
This post by Wooda liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishWhalehead KingCrusty Cob
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.