Help identifying pipe please

Drzdave1958

I have this vintage pipe that I want to sell...but I don’t know much about it to put a fair price on it...it is inscribed SSS inside the case...does anyone know who or where it was made?...it says real amber on it and a 18 kt gold band.....ImageImage
Drzdave1958

:lurk:
sisyphus
Person of Interest

my guess is some WW-I era London made pipe. I would research selling price on ebay/smokingpipes for old BBB and Loewe silver pipes with amber or vulcanite stems and then subtract about 30% for it being an interesting but obscure and less collectible example of pipes of this era.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Drzdave1958

Thank you..
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

This is totally out of my realm of expertise.

I second what [mention]sisyphus[/mention] says, but this is just a guess on my part. [mention]Thelonious monkfish[/mention] might have an opinion or know something about this line.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Drzdave1958

Thx for replies guys...I’m new here...and don’t smoke...but I have always been intrigued by pipe smoking and the ritual of preparing the pipe for smoking.. and love the aroma of pipe tobacco..some day I will buy a pipe and try it out..:)
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Sisyphus has it. It's an old pipe in moderately good condition for the age with typical gold/silver trim work and Amber stem for the era. It's obscure and not going to catch many collectors of old BBB pipes or other brands but someone out there would want it. Just not for the same price of a sought after example from one of the more prominent marques.
Drzdave1958

So basically it's a cheap old pipe...a guy gave me $50 for it...not bad I guess..