Savinelli 320

Middle Earth

I agree with the notion that it fits well in the hand
I have a few
I never clench
It keeps cool easily, and I find most any blend can produce a fine smoke in a 320
Looks good to me as well
But I am no 320 fan-boy
Every so often I will grab one
avid

great comments
insufferable filter guy
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Agreed with the others...feels great in hand, less so clenched.

I have one but if I got another similar pipe, it would probably be a 321 instead.
avid

i'd get in on the fun, except i already have two Sav's, no plans to get another
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:32 am On some level, it is a quarter bent pot that needs to go on a diet.
:lol: A quarter bent pot??
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Not a fan of the 320.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:40 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:32 am On some level, it is a quarter bent pot that needs to go on a diet.
If you were good at whittling, this pipe

is hidden inside that Savinelli 320.

The bowl capacity and the general bend, etc. is there.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:48 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:40 pm
If you were good at whittling, this pipe

is hidden inside that Savinelli 320.

The bowl capacity and the general bend, etc. is there.
Lol... that can be said about most pipes. I pick up what your laying down tho.
The Troll Whisperer
Try Cob

Just got a smooth Hercules 320. I agree that it feels great in hand - and that is how I smoke! So perfect fit for me, especially with its thick cool walls which is another characteristic I appreciate in a pipe. Furthermore, I find myself often drawn to Savinelli designs - which I didn't notice until I found myself with a few of late.

I call this squat monster The Pug after a remark by Christine when she saw it - "cute in a pug-ugly way." I like the way it looks, and a pipe's clenchability means nothing to me; If I need both hands for more than a minute, I lay down my pipe anyway.

I wanted to start a Savinelli thread, but I'm that New Guy - that guy who comes along, full of enthusiasm, short on knowledge, and plasters stuff all over the forums. That's me on PSF right now, and I know some folks who've been around awhile don't always care to see that sort of NG. So at least I searched for an existing thread this time, so gimme a little credit for that. :D

Now, I won't post pics here at this time as they are already sufficiently plastered across your screens. A list of my Savinelli's thus far:

Hercules Smooth (320 EX) - The Pug has a big bowl.
Quercia (115 JU) - Monster (from a MikeDennison remark) beyond big bowl, love it
Leonardo da Vinci Mona Lisa Smooth (A) - unsmoked estate, very nice, not yet lit
Samanda Old Briar Smooth Bulldog (510 KS) (by Savinelli) - very nice smoking
Roma (310 KS) - a bent (stem) poker, best smoker among my pokers and cherrywoods

Several other pipes acquired recently would not have been had I found Savinelli sooner, so I guess I can be labeled a fanboy. I've also got my eyes on a Moretti or two because of their design/appearance. And I'd certainly have bought the Grabow Big Pipe under any circumstances - even if I'd hit the lottery. Probably would have missed three other estate pipes I like, though. :D

If there is no Savinelli thread for showing images of our pipes, I hope someone will begin one, or maybe let this thread become such.
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Middle Earth

"If there is no Savinelli thread for showing images of our pipes, I hope someone will begin one, or maybe let this thread become such."

There is an excellent one, if you follow along with [mention]rosand[/mention] in the WAYS thread