P-Lip Is a Scam!

Thelonious monkfish

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:03 pm P-LIP IS A SCAM!!!!
Spam is a clip? I c a piss lamp? Pip's cam ails? Slip a pic, Sam?
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 4):
Chef BennyEllis YouRuffinogoldMikeDennison
Escapethefam

Lol at all the replies. Guys crack me up. Haven’t tried but have a Peterson on the way. I don’t believe it’s got the P-lip. Hope not.
This post by Escapethefam liked by (total 2):
avidMikeDennison
Try Cob

I liked my Peterson Specialty Tankard Looks-Like-a-Poker-to-Me pipe with the P-Lip, before I gave it to my wife, who took up smoking a pipe with my return to it in order to quit cigarettes. She says she likes the P-Lip, too. If I burn my tongue with a fishtail, I don't blame the pipe, and the same goes for roof of mouth. So Try Cob will stand up for the P-Lip - likely the most inexperienced member of PSF. And what could seem righter than that? :D

Somebody had to. Poor maligned P-Lip.
This post by Try Cob liked by (total 2):
Fr_TomMikeDennison
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Citizen B

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I reaffirmed on the questionnaire that I smoke pipes and cigars, with the usual caveat, "but I don't inhale so they're not as bad as cigarettes."

Since I don't smoke cigarettes, my primary care doctor isn't particularly interested in my pipe tobacco and cigar intake. "Just don't pick up the cigarette habit," he said. No worries. I'm not going to chew or snuff, either. "That sounds like a smart decision," he said.

"What kind of pipe do you smoke?" he asked me. "It's not a Peterson P-Lip, is it?"

I told my primary care physician that, based on what I've read here on PSF, I'll never smoke a P-Lip pipe. "You're smart," my doctor said. "I don't see why a hole on the top of the bit would be better, probably worse. After your eye, your tongue is the most resilient and fastest-healing organ in your body. Enjoy the flavor. It will help you enjoy life longer."

He has graduated from medical school and has read the relevant literature. I trust him. He's a good doctor.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 2):
MaynardMikeDennison
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:28 pm I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I reaffirmed on the questionnaire that I smoke pipes and cigars, with the usual caveat, "but I don't inhale so they're not as bad as cigarettes."

Since I don't smoke cigarettes, my primary care doctor isn't particularly interested in my pipe tobacco and cigar intake. "Just don't pick up the cigarette habit," he said. No worries. I'm not going to chew or snuff, either. "That sounds like a smart decision," he said.

"What kind of pipe do you smoke?" he asked me. "It's not a Peterson P-Lip, is it?"

I told my primary care physician that, based on what I've read here on PSF, I'll never smoke a P-Lip pipe. "You're smart," my doctor said. "I don't see why a hole on the top of the bit would be better, probably worse. After your eye, your tongue is the most resilient and fastest-healing organ in your body. Enjoy the flavor. It will help you enjoy life longer."

He has graduated from medical school and has read the relevant literature. I trust him. He's a good doctor.
Aaaaaaand I want him to be my doc, too. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Jlando19

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:36 pm I've got a couple of Peterson's with P-lips and I like them just fine. Don't know what promises were made, but other than a small change in smoke direction, they clench and perform like other pipes.
The LHS Houtenziel, recently gifted me has this style stem. I've smoked three bowls out of it so far. Single light, no tamping, whole bowls, no tounge bite and all burnt to the very end. In my unbiased opinion of a system that I didn't even know what is claim to benefit was before reading this thread. I thoroughly enjoy this pipe and have no qualms with it.

I'll be over here in the corner with the other weirdos. Hahahaha
This post by Jlando19 liked by (total 4):
Dr UhahaFr_TomMikeDennisonBruyere_Royale
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

The smaller Peterson Lips on the older pipes are far more manageable to clench than the newer ones. Having said that, I believe the Peterson Lips were designed to be of a more relaxed handheld type of a smoking experience.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by:
MikeDennison
.................🎳
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

The only "p-lip" I've ever tried was on a Grabow Omega, though it had the standard hole in the end of the stem, rather than on top. It was just awkward enough to clench that I wound up rarely smoking it, though it was a good smoker.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B

This is a very interesting thread when you read it from beginning to end. It's so sad that that kid was killed by a P-lip in his eye. Poor little guy.

I don't have any strong P-lip opinions, but, man, I feel sorry for that poor kid who died.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonBruyere_Royale
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm This is a very interesting thread when you read it from beginning to end. It's so sad that that kid was killed by a P-lip in his eye. Poor little guy.

I don't have any strong P-lip opinions, but, man, I feel sorry for that poor kid who died.
:lol:
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by:
MikeDennison
.................🎳