P-Lip Is a Scam!

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I only have one p-lip pipe left. I don't necessarily love it but I don't hate it either. To be fair I've made a couple of minor modifications to it and it's on the smaller side compared to the other 2 I had ( the meer vs full sized system pipes)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
avid

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:43 pm I only have one p-lip pipe left. I don't necessarily love it but I don't hate it either. To be fair I've made a couple of minor modifications to it and it's on the smaller side compared to the other 2 I had ( the meer vs full sized system pipes)
more than fair, but it won't discourage the zealots
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:43 pm I only have one p-lip pipe left. I don't necessarily love it but I don't hate it either. To be fair I've made a couple of minor modifications to it and it's on the smaller side compared to the other 2 I had ( the meer vs full sized system pipes)
What modifications did you make to your P-lip to make it less hate-able?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I lov'em! Those cute little P-lips.
The Troll Whisperer
Whalehead King

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:53 pm I lov'em! Those cute little P-lips.
I'm sure that you mean you like P-lip pipes. There is another vote in favor.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:03 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:53 pm I lov'em! Those cute little P-lips.
I'm sure that you mean you like P-lip pipes. There is another vote in favor.
I've grown to like them. I have a few, the older Pete's have smaller Peterson Lips which make for a decent smoke. Your screwed if you wear a softy tho...
The Troll Whisperer
Whalehead King

I grew up with a kid we called "Softee." His bones never really fused after he was born so he was frail. His cranial fontanelle never closed up, he was mostly just skin and cartilage over his brain. When he got excited his forehead would vibrate in time with is heartbeat.

All the girls knew when he liked them.

He was a spindly kid, built like a bird. We all looked out for him. One day, we were walking down Main Street when Softee tripped over a bump in the sidewalk. He bumped into an old man with a cane who was smoking a pipe. The old man was a cranky old codger, maybe you know one or two. When Softee bumped into the old man, he knocked the old man off his cane. When the old man hit the ground, his pipe flew out of his mouth. When the old man's pipe flew out of his mouth, it hit Softee right in the eye, P-lip first. Softee bled to death before the ambulance could get there. The old man had a broken hip and he died of pneumonia in the hospital three weeks later.

A P-lip pipe killed my friend through his eye. Poor Softee, there wasn't a bit of thing we could do to save him. Since then, some of Softee's friends have started a Kickstarter campaign to ban P-lip pipes. If you are interested, for the price of a cup of coffee every week you can help pass legislation to ban the manufacture and sale of P-lip pipes.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Softee sounds like a prime candidate for some voodoo style revival even at this late date. If you go in for that kind of stuff.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:19 pm I grew up with a kid we called "Softee." His bones never really fused after he was born so he was frail. His cranial fontanelle never closed up, he was mostly just skin and cartilage over his brain. When he got excited his forehead would vibrate in time with is heartbeat.

All the girls knew when he liked them.

He was a spindly kid, built like a bird. We all looked out for him. One day, we were walking down Main Street when Softee tripped over a bump in the sidewalk. He bumped into an old man with a cane who was smoking a pipe. The old man was a cranky old codger, maybe you know one or two. When Softee bumped into the old man, he knocked the old man off his cane. When the old man hit the ground, his pipe flew out of his mouth. When the old man's pipe flew out of his mouth, it hit Softee right in the eye, P-lip first. Softee bled to death before the ambulance could get there. The old man had a broken hip and he died of pneumonia in the hospital three weeks later.

A P-lip pipe killed my friend through his eye. Poor Softee, there wasn't a bit of thing we could do to save him. Since then, some of Softee's friends have started a Kickstarter campaign to ban P-lip pipes. If you are interested, for the price of a cup of coffee every week you can help pass legislation to ban the manufacture and sale of P-lip pipes.
Is that diner or corporate coffee? Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:32 pm Softee sounds like a prime candidate for some voodoo style revival even at this late date. If you go in for that kind of stuff.
There are voodoo shops on every corner in the French Quarter.
The Troll Whisperer