Post a picture of you smoking a pipe! Vol. 1

avid

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:01 pm
GatorGirl wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:56 am Image
What are you drinking there? Is that a flared glass or is it just the light?
BTW WK, i did see that nice vid of you answering questions about the history of New Orleans, very enjoyable. Had i been there would have raised my hand. not sure what thread it was in.
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:59 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:35 pm The other day in Columbia Missouri , smoking the made in France Jet pipe ... it's stellar

I also belong to that club of gentlemen who don't use combs. Our hair, like our ideas, is a joyful eruption out of our heads.

I usually wear a hat. You can pull it off without a hat. I've always respected that about you.
FWIW, it has been years since I have used a comb. Mine is short enough that it looks the same when I get out of bed or the shower. It may not look good, but it always looks the same.

I also usually wear a hat these days.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:16 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:59 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:35 pm The other day in Columbia Missouri , smoking the made in France Jet pipe ... it's stellar

I also belong to that club of gentlemen who don't use combs. Our hair, like our ideas, is a joyful eruption out of our heads.

I usually wear a hat. You can pull it off without a hat. I've always respected that about you.
FWIW, it has been years since I have used a comb. Mine is short enough that it looks the same when I get out of bed or the shower. It may not look good, but it always looks the same.

I also usually wear a hat these days.
Why waste good money on a comb after you've bought a perfectly good hat. That's what I always say.
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:16 pm It may not look good, but it always looks the same.
I'm gonna take a long look in the mirror tonight. Thanks, Fr. Tom. You're right. I needed to hear that. I think we all need to take a long look in the mirror tonight. We all needed to hear it.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:23 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:16 pm It may not look good, but it always looks the same.
I'm gonna take a long look in the mirror tonight. Thanks, Fr. Tom. You're right. I needed to hear that. I think we all need to take a long look in the mirror tonight. We all needed to hear it.
This reminds me of something. My mother for a lot of years would avoid getting her photo taken, and when you did snap one she'd always complain about how horrible she looked. One of the family gatherings, she saw a family photo with her in it on the mantle and began to complain about it. My much older brother, in all his infinite wisdom, looked over at her and said.. "Well Mom, that's the way you look". Even as a kid I thought.. dang that was brutal.. but the more I recall that moment, he was right probably for different reasons than he meant at the time. Now whenever someone makes a comment about their appearance, I rattle off the quote.. "Well, even the Mona Lisa is falling apart".
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

avid wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:09 pm
BTW WK, i did see that nice vid of you answering questions about the history of New Orleans, very enjoyable.... not sure what thread it was in.
It was probably one of those endless conversations about white bread or chunky vs. creamy peanut butter or machine-made cigars. I like to haunt the less popular PSF threads.

In all seriousness, though, thank you, Avid. I think our YouTube channel is called A New Orleans State of Mind. There are about ten videos up right now, more to follow. You can always follow La Belle Esplanade's blog. You can waste a lot of time on our blog, I know I do, but you'll know when fresh videos have been posted because I'll be talking about them----it'll be like PSF without the pipe talk. Plus it is always nice to open up the old mailbag to answer viewer questions!
GraveyardDiver

Hello from Eastern North Carolina

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

GraveyardDiver wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:28 pm Hello from Eastern North Carolina

Welcome to the asylum!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I use multiple combs every day... On my face. Head is shaved so obviously there's no need
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
GatorGirl

It is indeed a Hurricane!