Filto Pipes

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:11 am
Wildcat wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:53 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:50 pm
It came with the one filter and I used it. Not being a "saver", I pitched it after it got good and soggy. so...no. lol
What do you use now as I'm sure original filters are no longer available?
I stuff a cotton ball into the bit. Works like a charm!
I know you get tired of me forgetting, but what't the pipe we're supposed to put the tissue in instead of a filter. I love that. I thought with the name, Filto, it was going to be this one. I'm not entirely disappointed that it turned out to be this beauty, but I have a spot in my heart of the tissue pipe----not enough of a spot to ever remember its name or go looking for one on Ebay, just enough to daydream about it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:49 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:53 am What do you use now as I'm sure original filters are no longer available?
I know you get tired of me forgetting, but what't the pipe we're supposed to put the tissue in instead of a filter. I love that. I thought with the name, Filto, it was going to be this one. I'm not entirely disappointed that it turned out to be this beauty, but I have a spot in my heart of the tissue pipe----not enough of a spot to ever remember its name or go looking for one on Ebay, just enough to daydream about it.
I know what you're talking about, but I can't remember which pipe it is either. It did have "stem" as fat as a barrel, I do remember that. I'll keep looking too.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

[mention]Citizen B[/mention] If nothing else, I am tenacious.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:29 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:49 pm
I know what you're talking about, but I can't remember which pipe it is either. It did have stem as fat as a barrel, I do remember that. I'll keep looking too.
I would think that a person would need a barrel to pack a whole tissue in it and still have enough airspace to have a draw. That pipe was a beauty. The whole idea of it was beautiful. You'd never need to buy filters. Who doesn't have a tissue? If you don't have a tissue, you can always lean over to the lady city across from you and say, "Excuse me. Do you happen to have a tissue?" Then she would say, "But, of course." Then she would hand you a tissue to pack in your pipe. It's like a Grey Poupon commercial. This is a pipe that is right up my alley, which I have always daydreamed about it.

If I remember correctly, it was from the 50's and didn't last long. It was sold mostly through catalogs and cheap magazine ads. I'm thinking hard now, but I think the company was out of New Jersey, though I may be totally wrong about that.

Sound the gong. The hunt begins.....

Release the Kracken! This tissue-filtered pipe must be found.

......Oh, I see you beat me to it.

I guess I should have read your last post first before I released the Kraken. It was already out of the gate. :oops: :king: :oops:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

THE BRIAL! THAT'S RIGHT!!! IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A NAME RELATED TO IT'S MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE!

I haven't read the ad, yet. I want to savor it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:03 pm [mention]Citizen B[/mention] If nothing else, I am tenacious.

You can use "tissue, cotton, or similar material." The ingeniously named Brial wasn't as tissue-specific a pipe as I remembered. I rarely have cotton in the house but I always have a tissue. When I don't have a tissue, I can always a girl across from me if she has a tissue, and, well, you know how that goes....

It looks like it's made of sheet metal.

I love how they use only a drawing instead of a photograph of emptying out the tarry wet "filter material" from the hind side of the pipe.

I want a Brial.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

How's that Filto treating you?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:20 pm How's that Filto treating you?
Meh, you know...s'aight.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:03 pm [mention]Citizen B[/mention] If nothing else, I am tenacious.

What a crack pipe !!Especially the gold colored one
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:38 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:20 pm How's that Filto treating you?
Meh, you know...s'aight.
How do you feel about Parkay?

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.