Tsuge Sandblasted Metal Tankard

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Did I really spend $119.00 on this pipe?

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=223000

I've been smoking it in regular rotation for about three years. The Tsuge Sandblasted Metal Tankard is worth about $35.00, $39.00 if the retailer wants to take advantage of the markup. I wouldn't pay over $40.00 and shipping would have to be included. That's my opinion of this pipe. YMMV.

Apparently, I paid over a hundred dollars for this pipe. I wish someone would have posted a review of this pipe four years ago on PSF. I'll do my part. Get a cob. You'll be happier in every way.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I saw one at a pipe show in Nashville ... I didn't buy it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Hey @Citizen B i’m looking into grabbing one of these. Wondering if you still have it, if your opinion has changed, if you still smoke it?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:41 pm Hey @Citizen B i’m looking into grabbing one of these. Wondering if you still have it, if your opinion has changed, if you still smoke it?
I eyeballed them for a quick minute too
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:02 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:41 pm Hey @Citizen B i’m looking into grabbing one of these. Wondering if you still have it, if your opinion has changed, if you still smoke it?
Theres so many options. They got ones with built-in rotational windscreens, travel/windcaps. The one listed here is the biggest however. They stay small/normal size. Lightweight too. Now I wanna grab all of them :bang:
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I smoke mine all the time. I love it. I don't talk about it because it is worry-free, convenient, easy to keep clean, and an all-around joy to own and smoke. Other than those features, I hate it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:09 pm
I smoke mine all the time. I love it. I don't talk about it because it is worry-free, convenient, easy to keep clean, and an all-around joy to own and smoke. Other than those features, I hate it.
Just what I needed to hear. Thanks ;)

And old member of PSF, FishnBanjo was a huge fan of this pipe. He said he smoked it over 3000 times every blend imaginable and loved it.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am smoking My Blend from Stag Tobacconist, of Scottsdale, AZ in it right now. This blend has never tasted better than in this well-seasoned tankard. This is the only Tsuge I own, but I would certainly buy another. 'nuff said on my part.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

It reminds me of a Falcon but you cant switch out a bowl
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:40 pm It reminds me of a Falcon but you cant switch out a bowl
Tsuge makes their own version of a Falcon as well