The most exciting cool " regular ' pipes Ive seen in some time

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun May 20, 2018 8:27 am

Whistlebritches wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:53 pm
I wish I liked to smoke briar.........I collect briar but I smoke cobbs exclusively.Love the Kaywoodies,I have couple purty ones on the mantle.
Ron , you'd so hate me ... lol . Im gonna show up at yer place one day with a stellar bottle , get hammered and sneak around and sample your unsmoked briars with tobacco galleria wild cherry Image
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Billy JoeWhistlebritchesMr Beardsley
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
Whistlebritches

Sun May 20, 2018 6:38 pm

jk1300 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:01 pm
Whistlebritches wrote:
I wish I liked to smoke briar.........I collect briar but I smoke cobbs exclusively.Love the Kaywoodies,I have couple purty ones on the mantle.
Interesting. Just drawn to the art of the pipe? Is there a shape or Maker that you follow? Love my cobs but smoke both, cob and briar
My favorites are Missouri Meerschaum .......the Egg's are undoubtedly my favorites but impossible to get the last couple years.I smoke a Country Gentleman and Diplomat most of the time.Grab you a handful of these and a couple Forever Stems,load up your favorite virginia or vaper and don't look back.
Whistlebritches

Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:27 am
Whistlebritches wrote:
Ron , you'd so hate me ... lol . Im gonna show up at yer place one day with a stellar bottle , get hammered and sneak around and sample your unsmoked briars with tobacco galleria wild cherry Image
Cherry...........I don't think so Homer.All of my briars have been smoked......I'd equate it to a 10 year old Buick with 1200 miles on it.
This post by Whistlebritches liked by:
Ruffinogold
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Sun May 20, 2018 6:48 pm

I just pulled the trigger on one of the Mitchell Thomas pipes. It's a straight with a slight bent stem and looks similar to the bent one that is pictured. The site no longer lists it, so they must have had only one. I think it will make a good flake pipe.
This post by Ray Mackessy liked by (total 2):
RuffinogoldBruyere_Royale
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Sun May 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:52 am
Brylon is like nails on a chalkboard.
Brylon is the working man's Meer. It doesn't complain. It delivers what it is called upon to do.

Solid as bedrock. Reliable as a good friend. Trusty as an ugly dog. Flawless as a clean conscience.

A briar pipe comes from a plant. A brylon pipe is a work of science. If nature can be perfected, brylon is the answer. Is it perfect? It is no more perfect than anything else found in nature.

Cool when not abused. Hot when overused. Heavy in a clench to the weak-chinned. Light in a clench for those with a solidly set square jaw. If you've got muscles for palavering, you have enough muscle to clench a brylon pipe. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? That's a mouth fit for brylon.

Smooth as a baby's bon-bon. Engineered to be itself without frills. No fancy-pants, the brylon pipe can be dropped from an airplane without a parachute and without a care. When some farmer finds it in his field, he's got a good smoker.

Wet your fingertips and run them lightly atop the rim of a clean and empty brylon bowl. Lean your ear in close. It will sound like this:

This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 5):
sisyphusRuffinogoldFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleWhistlebritches
I run a small hotel in New Orleans. It's in Louisiana, in case you're thinking of another New Orleans I've never heard of.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Ray Mackessy wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:48 pm
I just pulled the trigger on one of the Mitchell Thomas pipes. It's a straight with a slight bent stem and looks similar to the bent one that is pictured. The site no longer lists it, so they must have had only one. I think it will make a good flake pipe.
Good ole flake pipes !!
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Sun May 20, 2018 11:35 pm

I was sorely tempted by the Lacroix 908 he has on the site... But I bought my first custombilt at the pipe meet today so I passed.
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
Ruffinogold
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
JustScott

Mon May 21, 2018 3:21 am

I'll have to check these out. Always nice to look at pipes that I could likely afford if I find one I like.
This post by JustScott liked by:
Kevin Keith
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Mon May 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:39 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:52 am
Brylon is like nails on a chalkboard.
Brylon is the working man's Meer. It doesn't complain. It delivers what it is called upon to do.

Solid as bedrock. Reliable as a good friend. Trusty as an ugly dog. Flawless as a clean conscience.

A briar pipe comes from a plant. A brylon pipe is a work of science. If nature can be perfected, brylon is the answer. Is it perfect? It is no more perfect than anything else found in nature.

Cool when not abused. Hot when overused. Heavy in a clench to the weak-chinned. Light in a clench for those with a solidly set square jaw. If you've got muscles for palavering, you have enough muscle to clench a brylon pipe. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? That's a mouth fit for brylon.

Smooth as a baby's bon-bon. Engineered to be itself without frills. No fancy-pants, the brylon pipe can be dropped from an airplane without a parachute and without a care. When some farmer finds it in his field, he's got a good smoker.

Wet your fingertips and run them lightly atop the rim of a clean and empty brylon bowl. Lean your ear in close. It will sound like this:

This is good stuff! This almost made me reconsider. Lol
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by:
JustScott
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Mon May 21, 2018 2:30 pm

This is the Mitchell Thomas pipe I purchased:

This post by Ray Mackessy liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyKevin KeithRuffinogoldWhistlebritches