wvsmokeshop got some neew Kaywoodies in . They look nice

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:51 pm

Just checked out the wv site ... digging tthe Kaywoodies they got in . I'm psyched that the Drinkless kept the stinger and all the others went push stems . Earlir on it seemed like they werent going to keep the drinkless with a stinger , which would have been lame . Why bother making a drinkless without a drinkless .. anyway , it still has it . The frakin standards look great ... the shapes are very good ...

https://wvsmokeshop.com/standard-3.aspx

https://wvsmokeshop.com/drinkless.aspx

https://wvsmokeshop.com/connoisseur.aspx

https://wvsmokeshop.com/supergrain.aspx

They have cool Saxons

The Campus still have the drinkless

The hand mades are incredible

They have Kaywoodie POY which are stellar

]They got one Red Root and its a cool looking one

A very nice older new stock Relief Grain Pear , I likey
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyKevin KeithPreacher1611
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
sisyphus
Site Admin

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:48 am

I had one of their POYs. They are very nice, but gigantic.
This post by sisyphus liked by:
Ruffinogold
sisyphus
Site Admin

Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:52 am

holy smokes, look at the size of this Prince. It's a shillelagh, you could brain someone with it!
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithMr BeardsleyRuffinogoldPreacher1611
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:52 pm

I've been hunting for this kaywoodie for quite a while now. Hopefully patience will pay off one day or they will start making it again

This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
Ruffinogold
May contain lead paint
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Kaywoodie Drinkless. As the system is described, it has no filter but some kind of "screw mounted attachment," a "special device." Are we talking stinger here?

If there is one thing the old King-er likes, it's a pipe with a stinger.

This would be my first Kaywoodie. I have enough pipes, but I don't have enough stinger pipes.

Please advise.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
Kevin KeithRuffinogold
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:31 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Kaywoodie Drinkless. As the system is described, it has no filter but some kind of "screw mounted attachment," a "special device." Are we talking stinger here?

This would be my first Kaywoodie. I have enough pipes, but I don't have enough stinger pipes.

Please advise.
Yes siree Bob, that's exactly what it is, a stinger.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 2):
Whalehead KingRuffinogold
9 Iron
Founding Member

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:53 pm

I saw a couple straight smooth pipes I like, too bad they don't have acrylic mouthpieces. No stinger, acrylic mouthpiece, $50 bucks and under, I'd buy a couple.
This post by 9 Iron liked by:
Ruffinogold
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:48 pm

Whalehead King wrote:

Please advise.
Yes sir . I like the drinkless . We didnt have Grabow pipes in Jersey back in the day , at least I dont ever remember seeing them . I hadnt seen one till I got to Florida , in a Walgrens , I think . In jersey , back in the day , at least in my neck of the woods .. Kaywoodies were all over like the Grabow is in the south .

People poo poo stingers as they have less airflow than many modern pipes , which is true for the most part . But I think there’s a reason for it. Back when teh stinger / drinkless came out ... think of the blends on the market that were otc at the time . Super easy to light and keep lit mainly burley based stuff that wasnt overly moist at all . I man , I dont know when Middletons Cherry came out , but take that blend as an example .... if ya cant smoke that blend damn near unconsciously in a Kaywoodie ... ya got pipe smoking ability issues . Seriously , any of those old school blends .. like George Washington , which I had recently and just flipped the hell out over it . A blend like that in a Kaywoodie .... perfection

Imho , I think airflow is important but I also think newbies get screwed by the lack of it , not so much because the pipe is too tight a draw but because they fill too tight . If having the smoke shop taught me anything , its that many a guy starting out on a pipe fills a bowl horribly .... too tight to start off with and then tamped , as if that would help at that point . Anyway , something to consider .

@Whalehead King ... those Drinkless look nice ... which do you think youd want ?
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyBilly JoePreacher1611
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:49 pm

sisyphus wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:52 am
holy smokes, look at the size of this Prince. It's a shillelagh, you could brain someone with it!
Go big or go home ... lol ! Thats a big ass pipe ! My goodness , Id love to have it
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:57 pm

Jeez ... they have Estate pipes now and they are great . The Vintage Medico Conqueror are tugging at me ...

https://wvsmokeshop.com/estatetobaccopipes.aspx ......... They are " new " old stock [ unsmoked ] I believe