Early morning discovery

slowroll
Founding Member

My first pipe is after breakfast and with coffee, usually HH ODF, as you may have noticed. I never could smoke before breakfast. But I do feel deprived if I don't have one then.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
LtPiper

I think what turned me off to morning smoking are people I work with who smoke cigarettes. I don't like them and I hate how most of them smell. And all I think is "Man, this early in the morning and all my lungs want is fresh air!" But the pipe was different. I think the reason I lit it is because I was just beside myself - probably looking for a reason to not go to work. Better judgement prevailed - but I couldn't deny that it was a wonderful experience.
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
LtPiper

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:40 pm I'm an addict . I wake up , make coffee and head to the porch and light up , usually a cob and most always MB GE or SWR . After the shower and more coffee ... out the door and I light up on the way to work . Usually a black Cavendish . After I figure my plan at work ., I light up something and get to it and it's a " work blend " , like a go to MB GE or a black cavendish but something uncomplicated for sure . I repeat it all day . When i get home , i smoke less but i usually get a couple bowls in and i try to make it special with a killer complex blend and pipe ... like a mastro de paja and a vintage blend , but not alwaays
That's my day . Now that you've discovered the am smoking , I'd bet you'll continue and you'll get to a point that if you didn't... it would be weird
WOW - you are an addict! But I am not judging - just agreeing. :)
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

LtPiper wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:53 pm WOW - you are an addict! But I am not judging - just agreeing. :)
Try some Mac Baren Golden Extra(or Symphony) in the Morning with a cup of coffee and you'll be a member of Morning Puffers Anonymous too 8-)

Oh and if you want to really get back at those cig smokers at your work, have a big ol' bowl of Pirate Kake in the car on the way to work. You probably won't be able to smell them, but they will definitely smell you.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
ncrobb
Founding Member

I need to try a smoke in the morning. I really dislike what I do for a living and the company I work for. But it’s paying the bills so like a good buddy of mine says I smile, do the work and cash the checks.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Whistlebritches

Well since my recent promotion I have my own office at the plant......and it is damn well smoke friendly unlike my old office in town.I usually have a small cigar with morning coffee but lately I've been hitting the pipe.The best coffee baccy combo I have found is Peterson's Perfect Plug,3P.Been on this for over a week.Gonna have to find some more......down to two tins.
Legion

From 15yo I wouldn't get out of bed until I had a ciggie, until I heard that that's not the healthiest of habits.

Since then I force myself to make a nice cup of tea sweetened with honey before I light up.

For the last seven years or so, I make a cuppa & sit outside watching the birds while I puff on my pipe. It's a lovely way to start the day.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Smoking a pipe in the morning is pretty awesome. I like some Prince Albert, (or any other tobacco), with coffee. I don't do it very often, (the only time I post in the whatareyousmoking thread is when I have a bowl on the way to work), as I really don't like bringing my pipes to work. I don't know, I guess I could have a smoke before I leave in the morning, I've just never done that...