What aids your pipe enjoyment?

LtPiper

Whalehead King wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:07 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 pmSex
That's what I was gonna say but I decided it would be more in character to natter on.

You may think you "nattered" on - but I thoroughly enjoyed the read. You have a way with words. Plus, I like people's stories and personal touches.
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
LtPiper

There is something so admirable about succinctness!
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
LtPiper

Whalehead King and I have something in common - I am an innkeeper too. Around here the community calls it a prison. I have several things that I do. I am a lieutenant and supervise the security side of things and am also a hostage negotiator. My job is very unpleasant and over the years I have tangled with more types than I care to think about - gang bangers, murderers, dealers, extortionists, pedophiles, etc. It has been my experience that people generally view guys like me as uniformed knuckle draggers - but that's perception - earned or not. I am educated, artistic, and try to be compassionate to people because I know that life is not prejudice about doling out hurts to people who are just trying to grope through it. Because of my vocation I have come to enjoy cultivating good things in my life. The things I indulge in help remind me that life doesn't have to be ugly. That's one of the reason's I love pipes - and what pipes bring to all the other things I like - and what all the other things bring to my pipes.
Wooda
Founding Member

Yeah, you nailed it. ;)
O, may these euphemisms never stop coming...
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Whalehead King

LtPiper wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:49 pm Whalehead King and I have something in common - I am an innkeeper too. Around here the community calls it a prison. I have several things that I do. I am a lieutenant and supervise the security side of things and am also a hostage negotiator. My job is very unpleasant and over the years I have tangled with more types than I care to think about - gang bangers, murderers, dealers, extortionists, pedophiles, etc. It has been my experience that people generally view guys like me as uniformed knuckle draggers - but that's perception - earned or not. I am educated, artistic, and try to be compassionate to people because I know that life is not prejudice about doling out hurts to people who are just trying to grope through it. Because of my vocation I have come to enjoy cultivating good things in my life. The things I indulge in help remind me that life doesn't have to be ugly. That's one of the reason's I love pipes - and what pipes bring to all the other things I like - and what all the other things bring to my pipes.
Thank you for sharing this.
Whalehead King

Wooda wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:51 pm
Yeah, you nailed it. ;)
Are you being subtle by not spelling that last word with a u and a double-m?

Heaven help me for contributing to this below-the-waist spiral.
JBRiner

I enjoy the pipe most when I can have peace and quiet while smoking said pipe. The ritual of packing, lighting, tamping, puffing paired with quiet contemplation is what recharges my batteries. Being a introvert, I have to save up my social currency during this time.
Adwyth
Wooda
Founding Member

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:22 pm
Wooda wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Yeah, you nailed it. ;)
Are you being subtle by not spelling that last word with a u and a double-m?

Heaven help me for contributing to this below-the-waist spiral.
No, I only insist on using the original english spelling. I appreciate that this one word is used as a verb to indicate progress towards an arrival, a verb for the arrival itself, and a noun for that which has arrived.

A below the waist spiral is Peyronie's disease, and is a terribly painful affliction.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

lol , ya sick bastids

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 am lol , ya sick bastids

Well played, "Smooth Operator." ;)

Let's take a moment to pause, think back, and remember who started this derailment with three simple letters. S-E-X......

It's been the downfall of many a good man and many a good thread. SO, what else aids your pipe enjoyment?