What aids your pipe enjoyment?

LtPiper

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:07 pm
Ruffinogold wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 pm
Sex
That's what I was gonna say but I decided it would be more in character to natter on.

You may think you "nattered" on - but I thoroughly enjoyed the read. You have a way with words. Plus, I like people's stories and personal touches.
This post by LtPiper liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonLegionMaynard
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
LtPiper

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Sex
There is something so admirable about succinctness!
This post by LtPiper liked by:
MikeDennison
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
LtPiper

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Whalehead King and I have something in common - I am an innkeeper too. Around here the community calls it a prison. I have several things that I do. I am a lieutenant and supervise the security side of things and am also a hostage negotiator. My job is very unpleasant and over the years I have tangled with more types than I care to think about - gang bangers, murderers, dealers, extortionists, pedophiles, etc. It has been my experience that people generally view guys like me as uniformed knuckle draggers - but that's perception - earned or not. I am educated, artistic, and try to be compassionate to people because I know that life is not prejudice about doling out hurts to people who are just trying to grope through it. Because of my vocation I have come to enjoy cultivating good things in my life. The things I indulge in help remind me that life doesn't have to be ugly. That's one of the reason's I love pipes - and what pipes bring to all the other things I like - and what all the other things bring to my pipes.
This post by LtPiper liked by (total 7):
Kevin KeithWhalehead KingMikeDennisonLegionMr BeardsleyMaynardPreacher1611
Wooda
Founding Member

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Ruffinogold wrote:
Sex
Yeah, you nailed it. ;)
O, may these euphemisms never stop coming...
This post by Wooda liked by (total 2):
RuffinogoldMikeDennison
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:17 pm

LtPiper wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:49 pm
Whalehead King and I have something in common - I am an innkeeper too. Around here the community calls it a prison. I have several things that I do. I am a lieutenant and supervise the security side of things and am also a hostage negotiator. My job is very unpleasant and over the years I have tangled with more types than I care to think about - gang bangers, murderers, dealers, extortionists, pedophiles, etc. It has been my experience that people generally view guys like me as uniformed knuckle draggers - but that's perception - earned or not. I am educated, artistic, and try to be compassionate to people because I know that life is not prejudice about doling out hurts to people who are just trying to grope through it. Because of my vocation I have come to enjoy cultivating good things in my life. The things I indulge in help remind me that life doesn't have to be ugly. That's one of the reason's I love pipes - and what pipes bring to all the other things I like - and what all the other things bring to my pipes.
Thank you for sharing this.
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
MikeDennison
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Wooda wrote:
Whalehead King wrote:
Ruffinogold wrote:
Sex
Yeah, you nailed it. ;)
Are you being subtle by not spelling that last word with a u and a double-m?

Heaven help me for contributing to this below-the-waist spiral.
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
MikeDennison
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
JBRiner

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:14 pm

I enjoy the pipe most when I can have peace and quiet while smoking said pipe. The ritual of packing, lighting, tamping, puffing paired with quiet contemplation is what recharges my batteries. Being a introvert, I have to save up my social currency during this time.
This post by JBRiner liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonLegion
Adwyth
Wooda
Founding Member

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 am

Whalehead King wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:22 pm
Wooda wrote:
Whalehead King wrote:

Yeah, you nailed it. ;)
Are you being subtle by not spelling that last word with a u and a double-m?

Heaven help me for contributing to this below-the-waist spiral.
No, I only insist on using the original english spelling. I appreciate that this one word is used as a verb to indicate progress towards an arrival, a verb for the arrival itself, and a noun for that which has arrived.

A below the waist spiral is Peyronie's disease, and is a terribly painful affliction.
This post by Wooda liked by (total 3):
Whalehead KingJBRinerMikeDennison
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 am

lol , ya sick bastids

This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Whalehead KingMikeDennisonPreacher1611
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 am
lol , ya sick bastids

Well played, "Smooth Operator." ;)

Let's take a moment to pause, think back, and remember who started this derailment with three simple letters. S-E-X......

It's been the downfall of many a good man and many a good thread. SO, what else aids your pipe enjoyment?
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
Kevin KeithMikeDennison