The perfect cob and burning the midnight oil.

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

mrpipster wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:21 am Speaking of repairing cobs I got a square shank cob with a loose square stem. Any ideas on how to fix that problem?
Are you talking about the shank - the wooden piece that goes into the bowl or the bit - the part that goes into your mouth?

The shank can be reglued. The bit might need a stripe of fingernail polish to make it a little thicker. If the cob has been sitting for a while, I say apply a little beeswax and smoke it a few times.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 am
mrpipster wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:21 am Speaking of repairing cobs I got a square shank cob with a loose square stem. Any ideas on how to fix that problem?
Are you talking about the shank - the wooden piece that goes into the bowl or the bit - the part that goes into your mouth?

The shank can be reglued. The bit might need a stripe of fingernail polish to make it a little thicker. If the cob has been sitting for a while, I say apply a little beeswax and smoke it a few times.
I agree. Just put a little clear nail polish on the tenon to build it up and let it dry. That should fix it.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Its just the stem thats loose though. The shank is fine.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Ok. Clear nail polish it is then. Thanks folks.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche