Estate Pipe Sites

oubobcat

In addition to eBay I have visited Blue Room Briers and Smoker's Haven looking for estate pipes.
Have you found other good sites for estates?
Thanks
OUB
Big fan for Kramer's Father Dempsey
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Pulvers Briar is a good one if your looking for mid to high range pipes, but for the most part I stick to the bay. You can get better deals if you know what you want.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Etsy frequently has good stuff.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:03 am Etsy frequently has good stuff.
Years ago I've gotten burned on Etsy and never went back. Maybe I should revisit.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 am
houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:03 am Etsy frequently has good stuff.
Years ago I've gotten burned on Etsy and never went back. Maybe I should revisit.
Etsy, like eBay, carries considerable risk. On the one hand, I've managed to snag things like an unsmoked Kaywoodie Signet from the 50's for $13 because a lot of folks selling there aren't "pipe people". On the other, I've seen a lot of pipe refurbishing outfits pop up over there with the usual overpriced estates, with a 1/4" deep carnauba, on bright white backgrounds.. you know the sort I am talking about. I won't buy anything from either site without clear pictures of both sides of the stem, button, stem-shank transition, and at least 3-4 angles on the bowl. Maybe I am weird, but I greatly prefer to buy estates that haven't been refurbished and have been left in a state of disrepair.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

novelli
smokingpipes
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Stem and briar gets some cool stuff
Ebay
Etsy

It's definitely easier if you go on a site like etsy with a general idea of what brand you want to look at vs just a generic "estate pipe" search. There's a nice variety of old dogs and beautifully restored estates to be found there
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
oubobcat

BTW I find Blue Room Briers very knowledgeable and willing to answer questions not only about their pipes but also just general discussions about estate pipes
Big fan for Kramer's Father Dempsey
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

oubobcat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:16 pm BTW I find Blue Room Briers very knowledgeable and willing to answer questions not only about their pipes but also just general discussions about estate pipes
They are some of the nicest folks out there. I traded a few pipes for credit towards one of their own brand bamboo apples. Once the pipes arrived there one of the owners called to give me the breakdown of the credit & make sure I was OK with the amount. It turned into a really great hour or 90 minute chat about pipes, tobacco and life in general
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Middle Earth

Smoking Pipes
EBay