White stems ? and .. Marxman ?

Vorgath

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:50 am

Hello everyone, got a few questions:

1) What is the best online source for buying stems for pipes ? I'm looking for white stems, bit hard to find them.

2) Marxman pipes, how can I tell they're the real deal on Ebay and not fake ? Noticed a JFK one, then I noticed an almost identical one but yellow and black, then the head of Hitler, then the head of Mao Tse Dong, so obviously there are tons of copies out there.

3) Can anyone recommend a cheap brand for a black straight pipe, either Canadian, Lovat or similar.

4) I bought some charcoal filters, 9mm but they're slightly too long for the corncob pipes (I use balsa or paper instead), any idea which pipes they may fit ?

Thanks
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:40 pm

1- probably Vermont Freehand but they have to be cut and fitted to the pipe

2- look at the pictures and the stamping. Pretty sure the carved marxman figural are pretty rare.

3- briarworks classic line

4- I've never seen a cob that uses 9mm filters, only 6mm. 9mm pipes are more of a European manufacturer thing, you'll rarely find an American manufacturer or artisan that utilizes them
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
houtenzielJohnny
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Vorgath

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:25 pm

My bad lol, I did actually mean 6mm.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Vorgath wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:25 pm
My bad lol, I did actually mean 6mm.
Since they are a charcoal filter there's not much you can do about the length of them. If you can't leave the stem pulled out a hair to make them work then I'd say use them to make 6mm stick men while you smoke without a filter in the pipe :lol:
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Vorgath

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This post by Vorgath liked by:
Mr Beardsley