Going Pro

Wooda
Founding Member

I am now in business as the officially sanctioned maker of the Falcob.
As such, I am doing all sorts of business-ing, like cultivating s Facebook presence, phoning in orders directly to Marilyn at MM and other daunting, holy-shit-this-is-for-real things.

I'm bootstrapping my way, selling one run and rolling that right into supplies and tooling for the next.

Scary shit.

Anyways, this being a momentous occasion, I wanted to share it with you degenerates.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Nice! Congrats man
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wooda wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:49 pm I am now in business as the officially sanctioned maker of the Falcob.
As such, I am doing all sorts of business-ing, like cultivating s Facebook presence, phoning in orders directly to Marilyn at MM and other daunting, holy-shit-this-is-for-real things.

I'm bootstrapping my way, selling one run and rolling that right into supplies and tooling for the next.

Scary shit.

Anyways, this being a momentous occasion, I wanted to share it with you degenerates.
Nice - I bought a Falcob bowl from Doug that would not stay on any of the stems I have. I think I managed to smoke it a couple of times without the bowl falling off. I hope you have the manufacturing tolerances figured out. It is a great idea that deserves to work.

What is the ID on the bowls you are making?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Figure out how to produce the Cob bowls without the O Ring and you have something . . .

Mine failed of past.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I had a Doug Erwin cob bowl for Falcon too and it fell off constantly. Of course they weren't screw on, just an O ring.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wooda
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:20 am
Wooda wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:49 pm I am now in business as the officially sanctioned maker of the Falcob.

Scary shit.

Nice - I bought a Falcob bowl from Doug that would not stay on any of the stems I have. I think I managed to smoke it a couple of times without the bowl falling off. I hope you have the manufacturing tolerances figured out. It is a great idea that deserves to work.

What is the ID on the bowls you are making?
I have been hand fitting every one to my falcon stem and I keep it very tight. I will have to post a video of me beating it up.

I have the tooling to bore up to 1".

I could do 1 1/8" but that is just downright absurd
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Man, I wish I could find a pipe niche like that. Grats! :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Middle Earth

Sweetness
Good for you
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Super cool. I bet you could probably get a threaded plastic base like they use on the WGM Meer bowls, or even if you are savvy, design one and have them 3D printed.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Wooda
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 am Super cool. I bet you could probably get a threaded plastic base like they use on the WGM Meer bowls, or even if you are savvy, design one and have them 3D printed.
I have a pipe dream of CNC machining the interrupted threads right on the briar, but that is a very long ways away
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.