The ... let's pop a tin thread for Labor Day

avid

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:54 pm I'm still undecided on what to pop open... McC 40th? Navy Cavendish? Katerini classic? C&D Carolina red flake? Germain's BK flake? King Charles smoking mixture? GLP embarcadero? MacBaren vanilla flake? McConnell oriental? Variety isn't always the spice of life
You can also open more than one to receive special recognition.
insufferable filter guy
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

avid wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:29 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:54 pm I'm still undecided on what to pop open... McC 40th? Navy Cavendish? Katerini classic? C&D Carolina red flake? Germain's BK flake? King Charles smoking mixture? GLP embarcadero? MacBaren vanilla flake? McConnell oriental? Variety isn't always the spice of life
I ain't playin' no mo'...don't no one wanna see a picture of an open pouch of PA! :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I have a tin of Five O'Clock Shadow that I won in a drawing in 2014. It has been needing just the right reason to be opened. I think Labor Day 2018 will be that reason. Maybe it will taste a little like GLP Cumberland, which I liked.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I think I'm going to revisit the tin of Redburn I cracked open and jarred about 6 months ago and open one of the tins of katerini classic
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
avid

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:39 pm
avid wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:29 pm
I ain't playin' no mo'...don't no one wanna see a picture of an open pouch of PA! :lol:
Or open can? :bang:
insufferable filter guy
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I may have to pop mine Sunday ... I may be working on Labor day it turns out
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Rusticated

Well, Last night I had a few of my buddies over for some good times, good music, good drink, and good tobacco. While they were puffin' away on their cubans, it was a burley fest for me. I cracked open the Solani I traded with Mr Beardsley for (thank you very much!). Then I broke into my new pouches of Watch City...Deluxe crumb and Slices...all three big winners!
Last nights Kern River Brewing Company Dirty Hippie Imperial Red Ale has been replaced this morning by a cup of joe and McC Beacon extra in a Road Town Churchwarden. After this I'm going for a scoot on my 05 FLSTN along the coast...it's shaping up to be a great long weekend!

JBRiner

I am going to be popping open a tin of Russ O’s Firestorm. I have been sitting on this tin since 4/15 and I don’t really know why...just never got around to it. I knew I wanted something with perique and this has dark fires in it to boot.
Adwyth
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

JBRiner wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:40 pm I am going to be popping open a tin of Russ O’s Firestorm. I have been sitting on this tin since 4/15 and I don’t really know why...just never got around to it. I knew I wanted something with perique and this has dark fires in it to boot.
The perique/DFK combo is just really good. The prospect of that in my pick was one of the appeals.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

The dfk / perique / VA combo really is amazing when done well. I think it along with the little sweet edge the rum gives is what makes speakeasy one of my favorites. C&D estimates it's peak at 10 - 15 years but I really can't find many reasons to wait on it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin