What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:04 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:48 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:10 pm Yes WK, the band peels off with the cello.
And that cigar smokes as sweet as a chamber music piece played on a cello, I'll bet

Those 100% American-made, machine made cigars were supposedly the bottom of the barrel when it comes to flavor. They ain't no Swishers. 100% tobacco cigars like these had a rich and cosmopolitan flavor all their own. Forget the cello. When you smoke an old-school machine made American cigar, your mouth will be shouting, "Yebo!"

Yebo! YEBO! Black Pete, El Verso, Muniemaker, Parodi, Finck....Yebo!

What I find most appealing about off the wall videos like that , is imagining that whomever made it may have taken themselves seriously :o

I ought a GV English Corona on the way home today ... id liked to smoke it after dinner
Weren't the 80s great? I have a whole portfolio of 80s videos to deploy on you. I know it's your favorite musical decade.

Just today, a car was parked in front of our house playing Abracadabra and I was thinking, "Man, Steve Miller was kinda good with Fly Like An Eagle, but I hated this song when it came out. It's a frikken joke."

In case you've forgotten Abracadabra, and with all it's awesome 80's special effects:

9 Iron
Founding Member

Smoked a White Owl New Yorker today at work. HTL binder and wrapper, my expectations were low. Truth is it's not a bad smoke. Mild, but tastes like tobacco, very smooth, a little sweetener on the wrapper, well behaved. Quite a bit better than a Swisher Sweet and a no brainer buy if you end up in a liquor store or gas station and they have them. Individually foil wrapped so they probably sell em as singles in a lot of places.
Whalehead King

Heyyy, Little Fox, I wrote a song for you.

Sing along to the beat of "Abracadabra," featured a few posts above this one....

I heat up, I can't cool down.
Muriel’s got me spinning 'round and ‘round

'Round and 'round my desire goes.
Where it stops, we all know.

Every time she calls my name,
I heat up like a burning flame.
A burning flame full of desire,
when I light that cigar I want the fire to get higher!

Muriel, Muriel Hauptmann, I wanna reach out and grab ya.
Muriel, Muriel Hauptmann, I can’t afford ya.

Muriel, you make me hot,
You make me sigh.
You make me laugh, Muriel,
You make me cry.
Keep me burning with your love,
I want to hold this cigar bareback, without a glove.

Muriel, Muriel Hauptmann. I wanna reach out and grab ya.
Muriel, Muriel Hauptmann. I can’t afford ya.

I see the magic in your face.
I feel magic when I touch your wrapper.
Silk and satin, leather and lace
Homogenized tobacco leaf with an angel's face
I see magic in Muriel’s eyes
I hear the magic when she tells me to come up and smoke her some time.

IMpipedude
Founding Member

I haven't enjoyed a machine made since last year, largely because of the cold Michigan winter. Celebrated the return of spring weather with a mild and tasty Dutch Masters Palma. Looking forward to many more machine mades this spring, summer snd fall. Gotta add some variety from Finck and elsewhere.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

It will be a KE for me tonight folks.
I got a profit sharing bonus today, it wasn't that big, so I splurged and bought a pint of Crown Royal. I remember liking it when my Father in law shared some with me a couple of years ago.
Do we have a list of all tobacco MM's? If not we should compile one.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
9 Iron
Founding Member

Smoking a Parodi Economy and drinking a Miller High Life.
MarineDad
Founding Member

Enjoying a KE Imperial to end the day.
9 Iron
Founding Member

And now for something completely different! The real deal, the Italian cheroot. Won't be a habit, buying these expensive things, but I love Parodi cigars so much I really had to at least try these. Got one 5 pack of the Toscano Classico and one 2 pack of the 1492 Anno Domini. The Classico is all Italian grown Kentucky leaf and the 1492 has imported Anerican grown Kentucky leaf. About to fire up a Classico and sip some PG Tips. Image
MarineDad
Founding Member

Been going since sunrise this morning, mowing, trimming and spraying. Getting ready to sit down and enjoy a White Lightning Crook and a cold Miller Lite!
9 Iron
Founding Member

Now I'm smoking a Parodi Economy and sipping a little red wine. The Toscano Classico was OK but to be honest the Parodi is a much more interesting smoke. The Classico is very smooth and tastes a lot like a regular high end cigar. It lacks the dark fire cured nature of the Parodi and has none of the musty, dank earthiness in the flavor the Parodi provides. The Classico is definitely more refined and it's good, but I prefer the uniqueness of the Parodi.

Will try the 1492 tomorrow.