The Local Landscape Thread

Rusticated

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:34 pm Not bad , huh

Not bad at all; I'll grab my trout rod and meet you there...when I retire :D
LtPiper

A picture I took of a place where I hunt. about 40 minutes from my house.
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
Whistlebritches

This is a Weat Texas mesquite pasture..........that I intend to slaughter many dove,quail,wild hogs and deer in this fall.I have another place for ducks.Sometimes I smoke my pipe or a cigar here,usually after the hunt in the glow.

Rusticated

LtPiper wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:08 pm A picture I took of a place where I hunt. about 40 minutes from my house.
I'm sooooooooo jealous!
Rusticated

Not the best pic; it was really overcast today going around the peninsula and I wanted to get a good shot of the rocky coastline. Maybe next weekend. It was still a great ride with my bud and we scored a couple of Pliny's for tonight! Me on the left.

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm Look at what's opening two blocks from my house....

You been in there yet ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:04 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm Look at what's opening two blocks from my house....

You been in there yet ?
I haven't. I think they are open for business but their hours don't coincide with when I'm usually walking up that part of the street. I know: I can't walk 2-3 blocks out of my way on a weekday afternoon?!?

Today is Sunday and they are only open for members on Sundays, which sounds pretty cool---if cool people are hanging out there. I'm afraid I may not make the grade. :oops:

All in good time. The last thing I need to do is to find another place to fritter away my time drinking whiskey and smoking cigars with a bunch of like-minded pals. That may cut into my PSF time!
Whalehead King

Rusticated wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:51 pm Not the best pic; it was really overcast today going around the peninsula and I wanted to get a good shot of the rocky coastline. Maybe next weekend. It was still a great ride with my bud and we scored a couple of Pliny's for tonight! Me on the left.

Two wheels, good beer, and good friends will set you free.
Rusticated

Absolutely!
Maynard

My backyard on the Cumberland plateau east Tn you could walk for days.Image