free pipes

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Hey, I can't believe everyone here has been smoking as long as me, Ruff, Fr Tom, Tom, and Tom! There have to be a couple of newish pipe smokers here at least, right? These are super great pipes!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:19 am Hey, I can't believe everyone here has been smoking as long as me, Ruff, Fr Tom, Tom, and Tom! There have to be a couple of newish pipe smokers here at least, right? These are super great pipes!
My mother used to say that the first 20 years are the hardest. She had a very long view on things, and she saw the first 20 years as really the time it took to get used to a new job or learn how to stay married or establish some basis for recovery from addiction. Maybe we should expand the newish to include those with less than 20 years?

[Note: I first tried the pipe in 1976 (maybe early 1977), but it was in late 1977 that I started with the tub of Amphora Red every two weeks. Either way, I am way out of consideration for newish, so I don't want anyone to think I am trying to change the definition so that I can claim one of these.]
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:39 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:19 am Hey, I can't believe everyone here has been smoking as long as me, Ruff, Fr Tom, Tom, and Tom! There have to be a couple of newish pipe smokers here at least, right? These are super great pipes!
My mother used to say that the first 20 years are the hardest. She had a very long view on things, and she saw the first 20 years as really the time it took to get used to a new job or learn how to stay married or establish some basis for recovery from addiction. Maybe we should expand the newish to include those with less than 20 years?

[Note: I first tried the pipe in 1976 (maybe early 1977), but it was in late 1977 that I started with the tub of Amphora Red every two weeks. Either way, I am way out of consideration for newish, so I don't want anyone to think I am trying to change the definition so that I can claim one of these.]
I'm all about expanding and inclusion...If [mention]ted[/mention] agrees! Those are real nice and I'd snatch 'em up myself but like [mention]Fr_Tom[/mention], I'm way out of range. Some one squeak up...are ya mice or men? :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wooda
Founding Member

Off topic:

From my perspective, this community organically formed a core membership of moderately experienced to lifetime smokers. It would take a lot of very intentional work to optimize this forum to bring in more total newbies.

That's not to imply that we don't absolutely love newbies and the excitement they carry for the art, but more that @Syphisus isn't going out of his way to drive traffic here from the typical noob Giggle searches. Nor should he.

"If you build it, they will come"
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Well, boys...I've only been smoking the pipe for three years. Still, I wouldn't feel right speaking up for these pipes because I've got so many now.

And commenting on your last post, @wooda... I kind of like being able to hang around the cracker barrel with the codgers. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

We're just tryin' to help Tom :bow: give away these great :awesome: pipes! lol :P :king:

Image Image
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:31 pm We're just tryin' to help Tom :bow: give away these great :awesome: pipes! lol :P :king:
I can't believe no one is all over this! :shock:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Billy Joe

Love the pipes and gesture, but I could stand to give a few away myself.

Somebody grab these.
Maynard

It is a wonderful gesture, I started the pipe my senior year of high school in 1976 with a Grabow Viking my dad gave me hoping to keep me away from cigarettes still have it still smoke it never cared for the cigarettes anyway.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Been smoking for around 10 years.. I still feel like a newb. I am pretty sure my ineptitude doesn't qualify :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt