Politically Incorrect

Middle Earth

While we are at it, I kind of like urinal cakes. I have used the no-flush urinals any many times. They are OK and I suppose that is surprising. Have always wanted a residential unit....wirh water flush. I am pro-urinal.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:15 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:39 pm The original no flush urinal = hole in the ground
I went to summer camp for a few years when I was a kid, the building was so old that the bathrooms just had a porcelain wall with running water, everyone just walked up to it and let it flow.
On a trip to Dublin I found that most of the old pub bathrooms were like this. They had what sorta looked like a metal trough in the floor, and water just sort of trickling down the wall. You walk in there and dudes are just shoulder to shoulder free-wallin.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I love the smell of a fresh urinal cake, it smells like being a kid out somewhere with your parents and using a public restroom. Pretty sure I made my mom get blue toilet water after I peed in some public toilet that had blue water.
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Houtenziel wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:14 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:15 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:39 pm The original no flush urinal = hole in the ground
I went to summer camp for a few years when I was a kid, the building was so old that the bathrooms just had a porcelain wall with running water, everyone just walked up to it and let it flow.
On a trip to Dublin I found that most of the old pub bathrooms were like this. They had what sorta looked like a metal trough in the floor, and water just sort of trickling down the wall. You walk in there and dudes are just shoulder to shoulder free-wallin.
Yep, sounds about the same.
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

So when can we get waterless/no flush required toilets?
Riff89

Middle Earth wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:55 pm While we are at it, I kind of like urinal cakes. I have used the no-flush urinals any many times. They are OK and I suppose that is surprising. Have always wanted a residential unit....wirh water flush. I am pro-urinal.
The house I rented before I bought my current home had a urinal in the bathroom. With the two boys and myself it was handy. Kids aim is terrible my wife was a big fan of not having us use the toilet for #1 we never left the seat up her life was great. Now we’re back to getting yelled at daily about our terrible peeing habits.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

In my time working at the park, ibe run into more drain clogs than you would guess. Sometime to the tune of multiple clogs per day. Ive scoped the pipes and they look fine for being 50 years old. What weve speculated, the toilets used to flush a crazy high amount of water. Now, toilets flush 1.6 gallons per flush. That low amount will not move TP like toilets used to. And nothing will get people mad like all 72 campsites booked and 10 out of 15 toilets and 8 of the 12 showers being clogged. Im pretty good at unclogging drains
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:58 pm So when can we get waterless/no flush required toilets?
Waterless? No that's pushing it a bit too far. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Speaking of no flush... I'm considering a tankless water heater for my house, on demand hot is nice but there are a few cons I'm still mulling over. This will free up a lot of space removing my tank in the laundry room.
The Troll Whisperer
Jlando19

"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.