Whalehead King wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:16 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:09 pm FX Smith https://fxsmithssons.com/
Francis Xavier Smith.
Absolutely!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wooda
Founding Member

This is premature, as I'm not currently smoking either of these.

My wife stayed home sick today and was present for my package delivery.

She was kind enough to send a picture to let me know my box had arrived, and also that I'm in the doghouse for spending money on one hundred smokes.

I told her it was more cost effective than buying a MMC at a gas station every time I had a hankering. Didn't help the situation.

Reviews as soon as I get home from work, since I'm not getting kissed tonight anyways.

Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Wooda
Founding Member

Tonight, I smoked a total of 5 MMC's; two hatchetfish and two Oliva Viejo Mundo for a review, this review in fact, and one more Oliva because I liked the first two so much.

Now, as promised, the cigarillo matchup of the decade. The premium scraps giant versus the underdog Famous smokes couldn't sell at 50c a stick. Who will win?

For those who don't want to watch me drone on, here's a written summary:

Hatchetfish smelled like cigar tobacco. Loose fill, ratty foot.

Cold draw tasted like the tobacco they used wasn't quite finished fermenting. Pretty rough.
Lit it up and treated myself to a harsh, thin, tongue scorching smoke. I enjoyed it.
Needs another 3 years to mellow and get good.
Smoked it to the nub. Right at the end I got a few puffs with the unmistakable taste of rotten tobacco leaf. Trust me, I know that taste intimately.

Oliva Viejo Mundo:
Good Lors, so smooth.
Smells and cold draws like a fine Dominican cigar. Firm to the touch.
Thick, creamy smoke. Wife even loved the room note. Very tasty all the way to the nub. I only stopped smoking because my fingers were getting hot and I adamantly refuse to use a roach clip.

Hatchetfish gets 2 dancing bananas, and bonus points for being $10

Oliva gets 4 dancing bananas. I should have bought a box of the petite Coronas to go with this one
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Wooda wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Hatchetfish smelled like cigar tobacco. Loose fill, ratty foot.

Cold draw tasted like the tobacco they used wasn't quite finished fermenting. Pretty rough.
Lit it up and treated myself to a harsh, thin, tongue scorching smoke. I enjoyed it.
Needs another 3 years to mellow and get good.
Smoked it to the nub. Right at the end I got a few puffs with the unmistakable taste of rotten tobacco leaf. Trust me, I know that taste intimately.

I guess the artwork on the box is spot on
fishy with a bite !

Thanks for sharing
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Wooda wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:52 pm This is premature, as I'm not currently smoking either of these.

She was kind enough to send a picture to let me know my box had arrived, and also that I'm in the doghouse for spending money on one hundred smokes.

I told her it was more cost effective than buying a MMC at a gas station every time I had a hankering. Didn't help the situation.

Reviews as soon as I get home from work, since I'm not getting kissed tonight anyways.

where did you buy the oliva at?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Wooda
Founding Member

mrpipster wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm
Wooda wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:52 pm This is premature, as I'm not currently smoking either of these.

where did you buy the oliva at?
Famous smokes, flash sale or something
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Whalehead King

Wooda wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 pm Tonight, I smoked a total of 5 MMC's; two hatchetfish and two Oliva Viejo Mundo for a review, this review in fact, and one more Oliva because I liked the first two so much.

Now, as promised, the cigarillo matchup of the decade. The premium scraps giant versus the underdog Famous smokes couldn't sell at 50c a stick. Who will win?

Oliva gets 4 dancing bananas. I should have bought a box of the petite Coronas to go with this one
You've got a fan in New Orleans, Wooda. Good review. Thanks! :D
9 Iron
Founding Member

Enjoyed a Principe Masters Chocolate today. Every time I smoke one of these I’m a happy guy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I enjoy your videos . I generally hate review videos [ and making them ] but you do them without the bs . Well done , brother

For a " quickie " , the king Edward little cigars , they are exactly the size of a cigarette with filter and all , are pretty damn good and a carton [ 10 pack of 20 , just like cigarettes ] are 18 bucks at famous Next I pick some up , I'll send you some . If I forget , when you see me post Im smoking one at the wmmcayst, just say ... hey , Ruff , send me that stuff , and i will
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wooda
Founding Member

Yesterday I enjoyed 3 hatchet fishy's and one oliva MMC while cutting firewood in my side yard... woodlot.

Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.