Hurricane Florence

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Be safe to everyone who is in this storms path.
The Troll Whisperer
CoreyR
Founding Member

Thanks for the prayers and wishes. Looks like the storm is turning southward now. At least that is what they are saying it is "going to do when it makes landfall."
I think they only certain thing is that this thing is going to come ashore, around Wilmington, NC as a Category 4 Hurricane. After that?? It is going to go where it wants and do what it wants. All we can do is prepare and pray.
Last night I filled all of my propane canisters and gas tanks. the TSC, near me said they did not know how soon they were going to run out of propane and I had to go to several gas stations to even find gas. I stopped by Foodlion, for some last minute groceries (my yankee, never been thru a hurricane wife, God bless her, had no idea what to stock up on) and the shelves were stripped.
Ahhh, hurricane season. It is like a snow prediction only with an actual SOMETHING to worry about!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Anybody, near Wilmington, NC, got a report for us?
ncrobb
Founding Member

Everyone I know that lives in the area bugged out. They are all safe.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
CoreyR
Founding Member

Good for them and good to hear. I hope their homes are safe.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Been through a number of them . Had to secure huge commercial properties in miami during andrew for a company I worked for at the time ... it devistated miami and wasnt fun . This one looks like a lot of rain which is a drag . Stay safe and dry . Its an inconvenience to say the least and I wish everyone well
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Just talked to my wife and son. The driving rain is forcing in around the main level and basement back doors of the house. Joey says he is heading back to VA today but the heavy rain has created a leak into his truck. Water leaks are a pita because it’s easy to see where they end but tough to find the hole. These are irrelevant to what some are facing and dealing with. Prayers continue.
CoreyR
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:33 am Just talked to my wife and son. The driving rain is forcing in around the main level and basement back doors of the house. Joey says he is heading back to VA today but the heavy rain has created a leak into his truck. Water leaks are a pita because it’s easy to see where they end but tough to find the hole. These are irrelevant to what some are facing and dealing with. Prayers continue.
Keeping your family in my prayers man. Keep us posted.
ncrobb
Founding Member

CoreyR wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:52 am
ncrobb wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:33 am Just talked to my wife and son. The driving rain is forcing in around the main level and basement back doors of the house. Joey says he is heading back to VA today but the heavy rain has created a leak into his truck. Water leaks are a pita because it’s easy to see where they end but tough to find the hole. These are irrelevant to what some are facing and dealing with. Prayers continue.
Keeping your family in my prayers man. Keep us posted.
Thanks. We are fine but there are many others not so fortunate. The rain has stopped and so far the worst of it has been cleaned up with towels and a mop. Replacing a little sheet rock is no problem. The folks at the coast and in the main track will be digging out and rebuilding for a long long time. There are so many road closures that nobody can even try to get back to their homes.
ted
Broken Pipe

Prayers to the folks in eastern NC.
We live in western NC and had our dose for about 24 hours starting Sunday morning. About 8 inches and plenty windy.
Today is beautiful. Wish it was in Wilmington, Lumberton, New Bern, Kinston, Myrtle Beach... and dozens more towns.
If you donate to anything, to the Red Cross. .. ted