Latest Tobacco Purchase 2018

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

steamboat wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:40 pm Just got a tin of King Charles in the mail, not going to crack it open till cooler weather. I am hoping its not a clone of Margate, was let down with Exotica from this years Smokers Haven drop.
It was a great blend, but it was basically Margate, and i did not need it, considering i have an 8oz bag of it.

I definitely dig that pipe!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

4 tins of McConnell Scottish flake
2 (more) tins of wessex gold slice
2 (more) tins of C&D interlude
Added to the fancypants section of the "Cellar"
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
whitebriar

got a Stanwell bent Rhodesian today, plus a tin of Old Dark Fired and some pipe cleaners--on backorder is a pound of OJK--hope i get the old stuff and not their new offering--the new OJK kinda leaves me wanting---kinda is an understatement---i specified the ''old'' Old Joe--we'll see what happens i guess--
Rusticated

whitebriar wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:44 am got a Stanwell bent Rhodesian today, plus a tin of Old Dark Fired and some pipe cleaners--on backorder is a pound of OJK--hope i get the old stuff and not their new offering--the new OJK kinda leaves me wanting---kinda is an understatement---i specified the ''old'' Old Joe--we'll see what happens i guess--
Speaking of which, 1/2 lb of Old Joe just showed up at my door along with couple of oz's of 7 Seas Black to try out. Woohoo! :clap:

Rusticated

This is how you know when the $11 bucks you paid for that "aged and sealed" can of PA is legit...dang I miss the old days!

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Rusticated wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm This is how you know when the $11 bucks you paid for that "aged and sealed" can of PA is legit...dang I miss the old days!

Criminy! :shock:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
LtPiper

Rusticated wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm This is how you know when the $11 bucks you paid for that "aged and sealed" can of PA is legit...dang I miss the old days!

Wow, how old do you suppose that can of PA is?
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
Rusticated

LtPiper wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Good question that I dont have an answer for. In the early eighties I used to buy/smoke cans of PA that were half that size and had a little lift tab that could be used open the lid each time. I don't think its quite that old but ya never know! I'm sure there are some out there that can probably give is a ballpark guess.
Wooda
Founding Member

Did an FNG/FOG style trade, and have a whole bunch of bulk blends coming my way.

Didn't even look at the list before I made my trade offer, so no clue what I'm getting yet!
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Rusticated wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:10 pm
LtPiper wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Good question that I dont have an answer for. In the early eighties I used to buy/smoke cans of PA that were half that size and had a little lift tab that could be used open the lid each time. I don't think its quite that old but ya never know! I'm sure there are some out there that can probably give is a ballpark guess.
From 1979 to 1989 or so a tub of SWR cost me $12-$17, and steady going up in price. I'm going to say that tub is late 1960s or very early 1970s. Notice it still says "pipe and cigarette".
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!