Latest Pipe Purchase 2018

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

rekamepip wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:48 pm Received this from last weeks ebay purchase
buffed it out and fitted it with a lucite bit
to match my other omega nosewarmer
not bad for 10 bucks + the cost of the stem
John, those look great with the stems you put on them!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:49 pm
Thanks !
and they handle so much better (for me anyway) compared to the stock p-lip stems

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

rekamepip wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:10 pm
Thanks !
and they handle so much better (for me anyway) compared to the stock p-lip stems

Fantastic looking bunch. Are those pre-fab stems that you're doing the fit and finish on?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:13 pm
Fantastic looking bunch. Are those pre-fab stems that you're doing the fit and finish on?
Prefab stems yes
i basically got lucky = for the most part they were plug and play (bend and polish)
a couple of them required slight modification to make them fit just right (with a little sanding here and there)

Great Little Pipes for the Price and Even Better with comfortable stem work
:thumbs:
Rusticated

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:17 pm I picked this up on a whim to add to my pot collection. It's an Old England (Sasieni sub brand) 58s that looks to be in pretty good shape. Has a couple of minor dings but nothing I'm concerned with and the steel inner tube is still connected to the stem
Me likes!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Thanks !

Ahhhhhhh geez...now you've gone and done it; you've given me something else to spend money on. Methinks I've been bitten by the stem bug, and some of my pipes are in for modification. Thanks for that. :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
rekamepip
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 am
Ahhhhhhh geez...now you've gone and done it; you've given me something else to spend money on. Methinks I've been bitten by the stem bug, and some of my pipes are in for modification. Thanks for that. :lol:
Yes indeed and don’t forget about those lonely cobs without fancy stems
😀
avid

Thanks !

they almost look identical
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

avid wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:44 pm
Thanks !

they almost look identical
It will be a matched 8-day set.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
APWB

Went antique shopping with my wife and ended up bringing more home than her. I usually don’t like to buy stuff for myself, but they had so much interesting stuff that I couldn’t resist.

This chunky and stubby Custombilt has some little flecks of paint on it, but other than that it’s in decent shape. The only marking on it says “Imported Briar,” but I’ve never seen a pipe that looks like that made by anyone else.

This is my first Falcon. The pipe and a funny little stand (Santa matchbook included) were only $7.50. I bought it assuming I’d be able to just replace the bit for a few bucks, but all I’m finding online so far are entire stems.

This is what I was most excited about. I’ve wanted a meerschaum pipe for a while, but I’m too cheap to buy a new one and cheap used ones are usually pretty rough. If I could choose anything, I’d get a more classic shape with lattice carving. However, this one was the right price and it’s unsmoked. There are no markings on the pipe or case, hopefully it’s block meerschaum. There was a CAO cowboy head but it was almost three times as much.

Gotta have somewhere to put them.