GBD Perspex remedy.....

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:09 pm Wonderful job! Really good thinking to use the tubing inside the stem. Whats your recipe for pipe mud?
Spit and ash.
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:25 am
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:09 pm Wonderful job! Really good thinking to use the tubing inside the stem. Whats your recipe for pipe mud?
Spit and ash.
Note to self: Never buy an estate pipe from Tsal. 😂. Hey wait a minute, what about that Basil Meadows Bing I got from you years ago - is it clear? 😳
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:37 am
Tsal wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:25 am
Spit and ash.
Note to self: Never buy an estate pipe from Tsal. 😂. Hey wait a minute, what about that Basil Meadows Bing I got from you years ago - is it clear? 😳
All clear! I never use or make mud.
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

Never use alcohol on a Lucite stem. That's where the cracks come from which makes it permanently dirty looking. Only use water and soap to clean the inside. You can use stem polish on a pipe cleaner to clean the inside if there are no cracks.
God and Texas!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:21 pm Never use alcohol on a Lucite stem. That's where the cracks come from which makes it permanently dirty looking. Only use water and soap to clean the inside. You can use stem polish on a pipe cleaner to clean the inside if there are no cracks.
Thanks Ron. That’s good info!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

@ncrobb thats good stuff, thanks for posting the whole process. I got some estates coming in soon. I’ll see what I can do go get them in shape.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

NIce !! You love to tinker , dont ya . I do too . I could do it all day once I get going :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:15 pm NIce !! You love to tinker , dont ya . I do too . I could do it all day once I get going :)
Oh yeah, I got to have something for my hands to do. At night my brain runs rampant coming up with crazy ideas of things to fix or make.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:01 pm @ncrobb thats good stuff, thanks for posting the whole process. I got some estates coming in soon. I’ll see what I can do go get them in shape.
My small contributions to the forum seem to be lengthy “how I did it” posts. There are lots of folks here more experienced than I am on restoring/refurbing estates. Read through the threads and you’ll learn a lot. Biggest thing is don’t be afraid to ask questions. Somebody here has either had success or goofed something up doing what you had in mind!!